Wearable sleeping bags great idea

Definitely looks cosy... wonder how warm they really are..?

Technical Specifications

Material
Shell: Micro Ripstop Nylon 400T/20D
Lining: Micro Nylon Taffeta 400T/20D

Filling: 3M™ Thinsulate™
Fill quantity: 60 g/m² + 80 g/m²
Layers: 2

EN 13537 Temperature Ratings
Comfort: 7°C / 45°F
Limit: 3°C / 37°F
Extreme: -11°C / 12°F

Warmth collar advanced 3D
Hood with drawstring cord systems

Weight
Size S: 1250 g
Size M: 1430 g
Size L: 1510 g
Stuff sack: 18 cm × 35 cm
Pack volume: about 9 litres

Norwegian army ones are good. They have sleeves and zip open horizontally mid way so you can walk about essentially wearing it.

Dirt cheap at Jonny Napalm type stores too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not as body heat efficient as a normal bag though. But I guess that doesn’t matter at ambient above 0 degrees.

Definitely looks cosy... wonder how warm they really are..?

Technical Specifications

Material
Shell: Micro Ripstop Nylon 400T/20D
Lining: Micro Nylon Taffeta 400T/20D

Filling: 3M™ Thinsulate™
Fill quantity: 60 g/m² + 80 g/m²
Layers: 2

EN 13537 Temperature Ratings
Comfort: 7°C / 45°F
Limit: 3°C / 37°F
Extreme: -11°C / 12°F

Warmth collar advanced 3D
Hood with drawstring cord systems

Weight
Size S: 1250 g
Size M: 1430 g
Size L: 1510 g
Stuff sack: 18 cm × 35 cm
Pack volume: about 9 litres

I have always gone 1 warmer version up on any sleeping bag, depending on time of year, if that makes sense.

Totally. Manufacturers state comfort and extreme limits. I've found that these are predicated on perfect conditions e.g. good insulation, good health etc.

Rarely do they match up to real world in my experience.

A silk liner is a great investment too.

I recon they're the best thing I've bought, and I've spent a lot on some v expensive bags over the years....

Fantastic

It’s the ultimate onesie!!!

If I get the Mrs one maybe we’ll only need the heating on for 3 months of the year :augie:bounce1:D

If you watch the 10 funny reasons to buy one video they definitely missed the best one :green gri

As advertised on my last trip report...........for all your WW3 needs :)

Divers have been wearing stuff like that as insulation under their dry suits for years! :rob

Very warm and cosy but not particularly fashionable!

Divers have been wearing stuff like that as insulation under their dry suits for years! :rob

Very warm and cosy but not particularly fashionable!

I have a couple of Northern Diver under suits as part of my work PPE in the back of my car. Real toasty under a drysuit. Never thought of using one as a sleeping bag though. May have to try it out over the weekend:;)

Well thags all we need now, a bunch of tossers dressed as frogmen in a campsite...............:jes however I have read they have done worse with outfits

Well thags all we need now, a bunch of tossers dressed as frogmen in a campsite...............:jes however I have read they have done worse with outfits

Don’t be afraid of change. Sometimes it makes things better :)

Not as body heat efficient as a normal bag though. But I guess that doesn’t matter at ambient above 0 degrees.
Your bang on, I’ve got one and thought it would be brilliant but it’s bloody cold. Because your arms and legs are separated you actually lose body heat. I’ve gone back to a single down bag and it’s much warmer

Might buy one for Mrs fs996 for the lounge, then I can keep the heating set at 17C

Back
Top Bottom