Where to buy 20/50 oil uk

Do a search for what oil should i put in my bike, grab a cup of tea, pack of biccys, and spent the next 3 weeks or so reading the same question being asked a million times over ;)

It still doesn't answer the question. I am not asking what brand of oil. I am asking which bike the oil is for, because that is a relevant question.

It still doesn't answer the question. I am not asking what brand of oil. I am asking which bike the oil is for, because that is a relevant question.

Thats the whole point, it dosent matter , All the R engines 8,9,11,12 RT GS GSA use the same reccomended oil 15W/50 API SJ / JASO MA2

The handbooks give a range of viscositys dependant of prevailing conditions - its up to you what you choose to put in :)

Thats the whole point, it dosent matter , All the R engines 8,9,11,12 RT GS GSA use the same reccomended oil 15W/50 API SJ / JASO MA2

The handbooks give a range of viscositys dependant of prevailing conditions - its up to you what you choose to put in :)

I don't think so. MA2 rating was not around when the 1150 was made. Also the 1200 K52 would be running 5W-40. So I don't know where you are trawling your information from.

I don't think so. MA2 rating was not around when the 1150 was made. Also the 1200 K52 would be running 5W-40. So I don't know where you are trawling your information from.

Where in the statement "All R engines use the same oil" suddenly relate to K engines ??

The info comes from the BMW reprom CD... :)

For the K51 and K52 models, this info comes from the BMW reprom CD... SAE 5W-40, API SL / JASO MA2, Additives (e.g. molybdenum-based) are not permissible because they can attack coated components of the engine, BMW Motorrad recommends blah, blah blah.
K52 is the model designation. It is the designation of the R1200RT LC.
K51 is the designation for the 1200GS LC

For the K25 and K26 models your info is correct.

K26 is the designation of the Hex/Camhead 1200RT
K25 is the designation for the Hex/Camhed GS models

Back
Top Bottom