Michelin TPMS

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody tried this ?

2b5743969752280062eea26d9fdc0369.jpg

Gets good reviews.

Just ordered one off Amazon for £66,so will see how I get on.Might get more if its ok.

Good thing with Amazon is if you aint happy, article not as described, back it goes, but as you do a tad of offroad, rubber band might help, my mate rides pretty hard and his is still on the bike, however no offroading.

Yep as my mates does, do you think a rubber band across the top and bottom would make it a tad safer, my mate has had no problems, but that review always makes me think.

I’ve specifically ridden fast over speed humps etc and also down bumpy tracks and it’s been fine . But the magnet doesn’t seem the strongest .

I’ve specifically ridden fast over speed humps etc and also down bumpy tracks and it’s been fine . But the magnet doesn’t seem the strongest .

Yep maybe the guy was correct in his review, maybe if a bit of dirt gets between the magnet and base, would be enogh to weaken it, and I doubt that the could use stronger magnets as it might effect the signal, but you would know better than me on signals.........;)

What gives with the red decorative cord, in the photograph from the Giles’ School of Photography?

94ab95f5592e546e2c960bf4179ea7e8.jpg

Good system but unfortunately my unit didn’t survive the trip up Teesdale today.
The pot holes on the Cow Green reservoir road were too much for the magnet!
Tried to find it, but no sign.....

Good system but unfortunately my unit didn’t survive the trip up Teesdale today.
The pot holes on the Cow Green reservoir road were too much for the magnet!
Tried to find it, but no sign.....

Chucked mine out a while back as one of the valves was causing the tyre to slowly deflate !!

When I fitted it, I noted the main unit wasn't held too strongly by the magnetic cup base. I added a couple of strips of gorilla tape to make the fit more snug. It's been on for about 4k so far, has had a good jolting with some mild off road, all fine so far.

When I fitted it, I noted the main unit wasn't held too strongly by the magnetic cup base. I added a couple of strips of gorilla tape to make the fit more snug. It's been on for about 4k so far, has had a good jolting with some mild off road, all fine so far.
I have fitted it to my other bike (HD) and it works very well. Amazingly it hasn't been vibrated off along with my fillings...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Fitted to my vfr and worked great. You don't realise how useful tps is until you try it (have it on my gsa)

Note of caution. Bike went for mot and mechanic commented 'that valve sensor gets a little close to your rear brake caliper'.

Had a look and as the rear wheel goes round it got within about 1mm of hitting the rear caliper. Too close for me so removed it. Will see if i can get a shorter valve fitted at next tyre change.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom