1250r test ride

Pat Dale

Reaction score
I got to test the new 1250r yesterday and hugely impressed. As a vfr1200 rider i really did not expect it to match its engine performance but how wrong was I!!!! First thing was the weight which felt like a 600 to me and it would take me some time adjusting to how easily the bike turns. Suspension was excellent but tbf my vfr Wilbers suspenders were a close match, something the dealer did not believe😀. The only issue which will be the big one is I would not cope without wind protection, finding it very uncomfortable over certain speeds. I would happily cope with some noise from a screen if this solves the problem, buffeting no and i am weighing up the risk of buying a bike and not finding a screen that works. Overall the bike is so comfortable very difficult getting back on my vfr lol.
I rode the sport version which looks great but i got a price on the exclusive as that appears better value. The pollux colour which was in the showroom along side the black was very underwelming but part of me quite likes that. Plenty of time to ponder.

Did you get the bike? If yes, what screen did you put on?

Madstad make the most protective aftermarket screens and Wunderlich do a Marathon screen as well as a cockpit fairing.

Hi, i have the bike on order expected end of September, got the exclusive. Likely to put a vstream medium on it , vstream say they will be sold within a month. If not then the wunderlich.

how has it worked out .... screen wise

have you done any long touring trips on it

I am considering buying one so any info gratefully received

Back
Top Bottom