I Cloud help please

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey there,

My better half and photos, screen grabs of shoes, videos of puppies etc.

Good god she has a lot of shite.

Her 50gb iPhone is full AGAIN!!!

Can anyone advise me on how I can have all her photos on her MacBook Pro for access if she needs to access something from a few years ago. I have backed up all photos.

I want to delete 2017 and previous from her phone. I want them gone from the cloud as well. I don't want photos to magically appear from the laptop back into the cloud and back onto her phone. I want her new photos taken on the phone to upload to the cloud and ultimately end up on her MacBook Pro. I'm happy if I have to make her sync her phone with the laptop once a month.

What I don't want to do is delete stuff from the phone, only for the iCloud to be 'smart' and delete them from the laptop as well as the cloud.

ANY suggestions as to how I solve this is much appreciated. I don't want to lose everything...

As an add on and to add to my confusion, I tried to turn off iCloud library and it warned it would be deleting 2500 low Rez images off the laptop but they would still be in the cloud.

Is there a way to have the master 'library' on the MacBook Pro and not floating around in the cloud.

I hope someone understands what I'm trying to here because to be honest, I'm not!!!!

Set the feckin resolution down a bit and get one of them fancy Apple Portable hard drives or you are probably bate!

I've asked someone who is very good with this Apple schite for ya !

And if by Magic a response has arrived from far off lands :aidan

Simple solution.

Plug the phone into the laptop with the cable and open it like it was a memory card.

Copy and paste all photos onto laptop into a photo folder.

Then they can be removed from the phone.

It will ask if you want to delete them just from the device or device and iCloud.

But it’s best to buy bigger iCloud storage and then keep old and new. It’s only a few quid

Set the feckin resolution down a bit and get one of them fancy Apple Portable hard drives or you are probably bate!

I've asked someone who is very good with this Apple schite for ya !

And if by Magic a response has arrived from far off lands :aidan

Thanks Jay!

Back
Top Bottom