Rode this home today.

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I love it.

Not sure if I can live with the Mars Red on the Carbon Black bike, but there are many options - a rattle can being the current front runner.
541cf89b76edbcdea90e1e6295bf29cf.jpg

It is beautiful, I agree. And a completely different experience from the Harley :D

Bloody Wunderlich engine bars were a bugger to fit on the throttle side. Required bodywork removal to access the top fitting. Thanks to a video on the Ilium website, all was eventually sorted. BMW also had a part to play in problem: the two frame-to-engine bolts were not properly aligned in the factory. They were a pain in the arse to remove and a sweat to fit the new bolts in the misaligned holes.
5dcaefdb51b58d8749a6ab6e1b9d4321.jpg

Nice! any alternatives to the engine bars? like cylinder head protectors?

I bought it secondhand off here, mate, so not going to sell it again. Yep, wrapping is one of the options.

Not sure of the right paint code for Carbon Black. I've seen two suggested: 416 and N1K.

My dealer had my Quartz Blue top box re-keyed and re-sparyed to match my bike. Still cost me £130 for the respray, but as I had just spent ££££ on the bike, another few quid was lost in the total. I fitted Illium bars to my bike, no issues with bolts all went together very easily. I don't think BMW have rebased the valve covers yet, but they will be North of £200 for a set :)

Hello, mate! How are things? No, the Versys was good in many ways, but just didn't do it for me. Do you still have yours?

Hi, no I couldn't put up with the handling compromise two up and part exchanged it for the RT 18 months ago. However, I've still got my Triumph Sprint GT but no regrets letting the Versys go. Miss that fiery Versys forum though ;-)

Lovely looking bike, key the top box and rattle can it. Worth a punt for a few quid and if you make a mess of it you can always go to the pros. Enjoy the new wheels..

Back
Top Bottom