1200 GSA 90th Anniversary model - Battery advice needed

stabtherasher

Reaction score
Would anybody know what battery I could/should get to replace my current battery that appears to have died?

The Haynes manual says 12v 14ah but having looked at the various Irish battery sites I am having difficulty identifying an equivalent. I am sure I could probably order something with a BMW badge and pay handsomely for that particular privilege but.....

Would anybody have any thoughts on the matter at all? For what its worth i am not particularly mechanically minded.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Motobatt would be my choice.....but there are lots of options.

Sent from a U11
df0b54d371babb4416e087be5f212fb6.jpg

I have no problem fitting the thing myself. my lack of technical knowledge in this instance relates to the 14 ah figure. I really don't understand that level of technicality (i know - dumb - but there you go). There are lots with lower numbers than 14 and some with higher. Not knowing what I am doing my preference would just be to swap like for like.

For a happy life with these 2-cyl bikes, you need a good battery. Keep clear of any budget battery which will work fine in 4-cyl bikes.
Stick to 14 - this is the capacity of the battery.
I had one good experience with Motobatt and one bad - received a new battery which was dead flat and I could not get it to charge.
Odyssey served me very well, but dear. Now using YUASA and it is doing well after 3 years.

Many thanks for the help folks. I did the intelligent thing today and took the old battery out to check the name/make. (it would of course have been the intelligent thing to do in the first place!) In any event it turns out to be a Yuasa YTZ 14S MF with is fairly readily available.

Note to self - look first and ask questions later. :blast

Back
Top Bottom