F650gs hilltoped

wpm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys has anyone on here had their 650twin hilltoped? If so what Gaines did you get?

I emailed them within the past fortnight to ask about this. To their credit, they were very honest and said it won't make any real difference to power output but might smooth out the throttle response a bit. As I've never notices any problem with the throttle response, I have decided it's not worth it. My bike is a 2012 F700GS, by the way.

(I also read on another site and a different bike model some information that throws a bit of doubt on their "before and after" dyno figures - someone who went to Hilltop and got the graphs, told the former owner who then then said he'd already had it done! I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this in any way.)

Hi guys has anyone on here had their 650twin hilltoped? If so what Gaines did you get?

One of the things F650GS/ 800gs owners on here have done is fit one of the resistor dongles. As these bike run lean , the dongle kids the engine that is ambient minus 20 outside, si the bike richens up the mixture and apparently smooths out any snatchyness.

As an owner of both F650GS and F700GS, I think BM did something with the fuelling on the 700 as its a lot smoother

Steve

One of the things F650GS/ 800gs owners on here have done is fit one of the resistor dongles. As these bike run lean , the dongle kids the engine that is ambient minus 20 outside, si the bike richens up the mixture and apparently smooths out any snatchyness.

I fitted one & it definitely lessened the snatchyness. There are plenty of people that'll tell you it doesn't/can't & that it's snake oil, but for £30 I felt it was worth a punt & am happy with the results.

D

I fitted one & it definitely lessened the snatchyness. There are plenty of people that'll tell you it doesn't/can't & that it's snake oil, but for £30 I felt it was worth a punt & am happy with the results.

D

I also have one of the fuel thingies on my 650GS SE & it definitely makes town riding much easier. ( I have the dearer version ) (cable tied to the frame) ;)
Whichcraft or snake oil, I'm happy with the result..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190508-194925.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-194925.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 276
Cool thanks guys her bike runs fine just wondering if it would make it a bit better but from your comments and talking to hilltop i think i will leave it for now.
Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom