Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...these threaded holes are for?
0ee4b7f713406bb3cf3b130138bb61bb.jpg
178d88f748435c1859abaa6cd5bdc3b2.jpg
c54f92844d67ec76ab7c1fa0eefe8483.jpg
aa7f49e9209637a3b20a0e4f653372e5.jpg

Hmmm. Interesting. I've just fitted the current Wunderlich bars and they don't use these points. I wonder if they're there to mount the cases during the engine assembly?

Anyway, they look like they could be useful...

Look like may be engine carrier mounting points, used during engine assembly at the Spandau factory, Berlin

They are not factory installation brackets, they would not allow a raw alloy surface to leave the plant.

Those fittings indicate an after market bracket - police crash bars mount through the fairing, do they have a lower mount point ?

They are not factory installation brackets, they would not allow a raw alloy surface to leave the plant.

But they obviously have? This is a brand new bike. The PDI was completed at the "BMW Preparation Centre", wherever that is.

I’m riding around on a brand spanking new demonstrator F850 GS today, just noticed a ‘raw’ aluminium tapped hole during a coffee stop

Should I call a taxi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my bike, they are the mounting points for the cylinder head guards... (not bars, but the covers)

What made me think they were for mounting the engine during assembly was that the mid two have had something screwed into them at some point. See my pics 3 and 4 in the first post.

Back
Top Bottom