Gathering

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Glutton for punishment me, is there a gathering at Ullapool this year?:friday:D

I’ll be there on the 24th into the 25th in passing if anyone else is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if anything on this year? Was speaking to Sgt Bilco at Ballina couple weeks back and he seemed to think nothing on as well, which led me volunteer myself to put an event on if enough interest ( maybe the Guinness talking on my behalf :beer:)
Was mulling over Ardnamurchan, at Sunart camping, great little spot with the owner being a biker and has hosted many events in the past, also ideal for a day trip to Mull on the Saturday or discover the peninsula?
Saved me a post to enquire to see if any interest ? So hope you don't mind my ramblings !!
Cheers Baz.

Not sure if anything on this year? Was speaking to Sgt Bilco at Ballina couple weeks back and he seemed to think nothing on as well, which led me volunteer myself to put an event on if enough interest ( maybe the Guinness talking on my behalf :beer:)
Was mulling over Ardnamurchan, at Sunart camping, great little spot with the owner being a biker and has hosted many events in the past, also ideal for a day trip to Mull on the Saturday or discover the peninsula?
Saved me a post to enquire to see if any interest ? So hope you don't mind my ramblings !!
Cheers Baz.

Fire away. Just send a.message to the janitor (PaulG). He'll set you up with the necessary admin stuff. Thought I'd take a sabbatical this year. No to say that I wont attend if someone else organizes it though! :D

Fire away. Just send a.message to the janitor (PaulG). He'll set you up with the necessary admin stuff. Thought I'd take a sabbatical this year. No to say that I wont attend if someone else organizes it though! :D

Thanks for that, need to make a few inquiries first to see what dates available :D

If I'm around I'd be keen to do something somewhere ( I'll just be getting home from a trip that week ) as it's always nice to have a local trip :D

Ullapool is always a good shout but Strontian is a nice spot as is the Red Squirrel in Glencoe with it's associated watering hole, the ' Clachaig '.
Appleross being another choice, great food and the option of camping cabins and the chaotic ENSEE 500 traffic might have died down a bit by then...went over there for a last minute night away late Saturday afternoon..went over the bealach at 7pm and was met with a constant stream of total muppets heading south, 3 wankers driving Caterhams almost had us over the side at one point when they drove at me and ignored a passing place forcing me to take the evasive...on a bike weighing over a quarter ton with pillion on board.

Spoke to few locals in the bar later and their anger and resentment is something else :eek:

Anyway, I digress :D

If I'm around I'd be keen to do something somewhere ( I'll just be getting home from a trip that week ) as it's always nice to have a local trip :D

Ullapool is always a good shout but Strontian is a nice spot as is the Red Squirrel in Glencoe with it's associated watering hole, the ' Clachaig '.
Appleross being another choice, great food and the option of camping cabins and the chaotic ENSEE 500 traffic might have died down a bit by then...went over there for a last minute night away late Saturday afternoon..went over the bealach at 7pm and was met with a constant stream of total muppets heading south, 3 wankers driving Caterhams almost had us over the side at one point when they drove at me and ignored a passing place forcing me to take the evasive...on a bike weighing over a quarter ton with pillion on board.

Spoke to few locals in the bar later and their anger and resentment is something else :eek:

Anyway, I digress :D

Awaiting reply from Tim at Sunart camping ( they also have cabins ), then will proceed with contacting admin on here.
Been a regular at Applecross for some time now, and have encountered said fannies on the bealach, best time first thing in morning , cracking sunrises :D

...and replied.

I think Sunart is a better idea...Applecross is now only worth visiting in the depths of winter, then in a car, and staying at the Inn. Sadly a victim of its own success made worse by the NC500.

Best plan is just to go ahead and plan....the earlier you put the word out the better...

Start a dedicated thread and see what sort of response you get....it's too early for me to commit yet but I live in hope.

Even start a thread in 'UKGSer events'....have a look in there and you'll see the form.

Have a chat with Peter..Scotboxer...he organised a good one in Ullapool and I'm sure he will help, if he can tear himself away from telling every fucker off.

...and replied.

I think Sunart is a better idea...Applecross is now only worth visiting in the depths of winter, then in a car, and staying at the Inn. Sadly a victim of its own success made worse by the NC500.

Best plan is just to go ahead and plan....the earlier you put the word out the better...

Start a dedicated thread and see what sort of response you get....it's too early for me to commit yet but I live in hope.

Even start a thread in 'UKGSer events'....have a look in there and you'll see the form.

Have a chat with Peter..Scotboxer...he organised a good one in Ullapool and I'm sure he will help, if he can tear himself away from telling every fucker off.

Thanks , will do and yes will be Sunart, Tim's a grand guy and will put a barbecue on for us on the Saturday night as well !!

If I'm around I'd turn up, Sunart probably as good as anywhere and a nice change from Ullapool

I don't know which is worse, the 'midge season' or the 'NC500 season'. At least the midges don't sidle up to you at bike meets and prattle on about 'oh you must do the NC500, it's a great route around Scotland, get it on you're biking bucket list'. It's as if the roads have only just been built :mad:

Back
Top Bottom