GS700 Screen... does the larger 800 screen fit & other key items?

keithquad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My wife is about to 'upgrade' from the GS650twin to the GS700 & we are wanting to transfer across key items.

Does anyone know if the larger GS800 screen, presently on her 650, will fit the 700 - there is a bit more plastic around the front area than on the 650 so I'm wondering if it will still fit?

The radiator guard I would imagine is a stock size so that should fit?

Hope you can assist. Cheers.

I have a feeling that the mount for the screen is different. I struggle by with the small screen on my 700 - I;d really like a larger screen for motorway commuting but I don't think it's a straightforward swap.

My wife is about to 'upgrade' from the GS650twin to the GS700 & we are wanting to transfer across key items.

Does anyone know if the larger GS800 screen, presently on her 650, will fit the 700 - there is a bit more plastic around the front area than on the 650 so I'm wondering if it will still fit?

The radiator guard I would imagine is a stock size so that should fit?

Hope you can assist. Cheers.

Im guessing you mean F650GS F800gs to a F700GS , if so no. The F700 has a small plastic fairing so whilst the middle nuts locate, the base of the f650/800 screen will be left in the air. Time to buy a new one or start modifying. I gave away my old F650GS screen when I bought a Givi Airflow for the F700GS

Steve - thanks for the info.

Can you recopmend the Givi Airflow - my thoughts are that you have got to be able to see through it (vs it being solid plastic) & not too tall?
My wife is only 5'2'' so doesnt need to be excessive yet provide greater protection than that which is on it at the moment.

Steve - thanks for the info.

Can you recopmend the Givi Airflow - my thoughts are that you have got to be able to see through it (vs it being solid plastic) & not too tall?
My wife is only 5'2'' so doesnt need to be excessive yet provide greater protection than that which is on it at the moment.

GIVI Airflow screen highly recommended.

I had a Wunderlich extension on because I have bad shoulders ( amongst other problems :()

But at 5'2" your wife won't need one..
:thumb

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1525914204565.jpg
    FB_IMG_1525914204565.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 203
BMW sells a bracket to allow you to mount the 650/800 screen on a 700. You have to remove the two plastic pieces and install the brackets. Then it is supposed to be a direct fit. Heck out a BMW parts catalog and you see the part.

I've just acquired a '14 plated F8GS and the old touring screen from a previous model F8GS fits fine . . . but without the alloy screen brace.

Wobbles a bit and may be putting some strain on the mounts :rolleyes: Time will tell :augie :eek:

SteveT

:cool:

f650gs twin nav mount

Hi Guys has anyone come across a nav mount that will fit the 2009 F650Gs twin so the nav can be mounted above the clocks like it is on the R1200GS?

Back
Top Bottom