Looking to go Orange, but...

The brakes on my 1190R don't quite have the bite that the very similar looking setup on my Hexhead GSAs did, but they definitely work.

You stick that electronic suspension shit though, KTM or BMW.

Anyway, I was out for a little jolly on mine tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 166
Did you manage to get an ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I went to West Bay and was going to stop there for a coffee. There were other motorcyclists there (it would seem it is a bit of a bike meet place.) I couldn’t be arsed to get involved in some inane conversation so just turned round and came home. :D

No, I went to West Bay and was going to stop there for a coffee. There were other motorcyclists there (it would seem it is a bit of a bike meet place.) I couldn’t be arsed to get involved in some inane conversation so just turned round and came home. :D

You missed out there, Melchio. You could have talked about cagers, stealers, swmbo, twisties, and the best place to get a bacon bap.

As in ‘You’ve got a face like a ...’ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had another ride, different bike, same model, a 1290T. All was good so I’m having a deal with them! No wobbles on this one even with the luggage.
Looking forward to it.
Need to get a few bits, is there a Nippy Norman’s type supplier for KTM accessories?

I remember having a 990SM a few years ago which would wobble like hell at 120 with a top box on . Most bikes will as it flecks up the aerodynamics. BMW states a max top speed with a box at 160kph . . We can all live with that . Bigger the top box faster you go bigger the wobble . Had a T500 Suzuki 40 years ago did the same at 90 😎

Some of these posts got me thinking ...

The last thing i do when I am deciding what bike to have ( when i say last i just dont at all) is look at the brakes fitted to it.

I assume that big power bike from a premium manufacterer will have sufficiently powerful brakes.

So having now looked at waht the 1290 GT comes equipped with I am happy that it will stop and the M50 calipers on the front are pretty much as good as it gets for a road bike and I am confident that they wont leak and are made by Brembo rather than a company i had never heard of before the 1250GS

If you want to know what crap brakes are then try the Ducati rear brake. You have to warn it that you intend to use it then hope that it works for the few seconds you need it before it cooks off and fades to nothing

Some of these posts got me thinking ...

The last thing i do when I am deciding what bike to have ( when i say last i just dont at all) is look at the brakes fitted to it.

I assume that big power bike from a premium manufacterer will have sufficiently powerful brakes.

So having now looked at waht the 1290 GT comes equipped with I am happy that it will stop and the M50 calipers on the front are pretty much as good as it gets for a road bike and I am confident that they wont leak and are made by Brembo rather than a company i had never heard of before the 1250GS

If you want to know what crap brakes are then try the Ducati rear brake. You have to warn it that you intend to use it then hope that it works for the few seconds you need it before it cooks off and fades to nothing

After spending a few hours on a 2019 GT a few weeks ago, I can safely say that you won't need to do anything to the brakes :beerjug:

Well the deed is done, picked up a 2016 SAT yesterday. Only had time to ride it home (the long way��) and gotta say I’m impressed so far. Suspension updates apparently updated.. and a new set of PR5’s and it’s planted, no wobbles and very quick to turn in. Will stick a few more miles on this weekend...

Well the deed is done, picked up a 2016 SAT yesterday. Only had time to ride it home (the long way��) and gotta say I’m impressed so far. Suspension updates apparently updated.. and a new set of PR5’s and it’s planted, no wobbles and very quick to turn in. Will stick a few more miles on this weekend...

Nice one! Hope the weather improves so you can get out and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom