Looking to go Orange, but...

Excellent. Let’s have some feedback on those PR 5s as mine needs some new tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Excellent. Let’s have some feedback on those PR 5s as mine needs some new tyres.

Clocked 1400 on mine now including over 1,000 in the Pyrenees, they grip fine and look to be lasting well but instantly felt slower steering than the OE Scorpions, this is even more pronounced compared to the Roadsmart 3's on my 1190.

To be fair to them I never had a single moment in those 1400 miles (except hitting gravel) and I could go straight to full throttle at the apex of 2nd gear hairpins with no grip issues or signs of major intervention from the TC - in fact the only issue was the front wheel trying to lift, but I think I prefer the feel I get from the Dunlops, then again I have been running these for a decade so might be a case of adjusting to the Michelins.

Got another bigger trip coming up so will decide after that as they should be about worn out by the time I get home.

Had another ride, different bike, same model, a 1290T. All was good so I’m having a deal with them! No wobbles on this one even with the luggage.
Looking forward to it.
Need to get a few bits, is there a Nippy Norman’s type supplier for KTM accessories?

What bits do you need?

I had Conti TA3's put on @ last months service, and they are superb :D

I really liked the Conti TA tyres. The bike I’ve just got has Scorpions fitted, I really don’t like them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PR5’s are good. Recently put a set on my GS and did 1000 miles on a mixture of roads in wet and dry. They are very good. Initial thoughts on the 1290 is they will be just as good.

What bits do you need?

Not 100% sure yet but think I will look to change the mirrors for something better, going to de cat he headers as well. May play with he screen, see how the standard one is for a bit.
And think I may get the healtec QuickShifter fitted.
Oh and poss a rear hugger if anyone does one.
Maybe some auxiliary lights. The dealer was going to fit them but then reckoned the D2 Denali were not compatible. Only other option was a KTM kit for same price.....
Bike already had a Remus on and the baffle has fallen out of that at the weekend:)....

Might have some alternate screens for sale in a few weeks after Mrs has used 1190 for our Alps trip, I have the the KTM Touring and a smaller MRA with spoiler, likely to offload at least one of them, maybe both.

Might have some alternate screens for sale in a few weeks after Mrs has used 1190 for our Alps trip, I have the the KTM Touring and a smaller MRA with spoiler, likely to offload at least one of them, maybe both.

I would be interested in the MRA one, when the time comes :)

Back
Top Bottom