Have you seen the forecast.....?

gerarddwatts

huge member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
....for tomorrow when I and a couple of mates are heading to Uig for Harris/Lewis for a couple of days......its the high bits I am worried about....Drumochter, and over the top of the Garry....still the snow can't last long.....can it?

I can mind riding over Glenshee on my R80 when I had to dodge the skiers on the road! ("Fowk are mad that rahd mooter backs" :D)

Roscoff is wet and windy and the ferry that I was booked on at 0900 this morning wasn't there. "We just found out it's not coming".
As it is a 6 hour crossing was that not known 5 hours ago when an email would have left me sleeping?

No snow though. Drumochter will be wild and it's a long way to avoid it

Ballater last Friday evening :eek

Attachments

• Ballater.jpg
    Ballater.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 364
Weeeell....shitty alright...never got above 1.5 til I got to Pitlochry...snow over Moulin, rain up the A9, snow a couple ofhundred feet above the road at Drumochter, got better going west lovely day across Skye, now pishing down on Harris....whisky is the answer...

Weeeell....shitty alright...never got above 1.5 til I got to Pitlochry...snow over Moulin, rain up the A9, snow a couple ofhundred feet above the road at Drumoxhter, got better going west lovely day across Skye, now pishing down on Harris....whisky is the answer...

The joys of motorcycling in Scotland.:flag
I wimped out this week.
But next week looks like in the low 20s and there is still whisky, bliss :beerjug:

Horrid coorse showers rain and hail...temps 4 degrees...snow on Harris hills....

and today...frost and then glorious sun.........chust beautiful...off to Callanish.

We bumped into the production manager of the Harris Distillery in a shop so got a free guided mini tour of the distillery.......now making whisky as well as gin...started 3 years ago so expect to see it in the shops in 3 or 4 years. V interesting.

But have you seen the forecast...for Dent :D

Enjoy the island drammage .

Lovely crossing in the sun, and a great....if chilly..... run home. Always conscious of the fact that the safety chappies are so concerned for the safety of Islanders that they like to check for miscreants off the ferry on the road to Inverness.....decent of them don't you think.

Interesting to see the private bottling whisky barrels in the store at Tarbert....Fred Macaulay has one, as does The Lord of The Isles. Need to tell Jim Wright to snivel round him at Mey in 3 or 4 years time. Wheres Packer when you need him!:D

Great to trundle round the Hebrides....back fishing in a couple of weeks. Always plenty to see. Stayed at the Scaladale Hostel for a couple of nights....wouldn't go back....and then the bunkhouse at Laxdale....fits the bill and no more. Did look at the hostel at Ravenspoint and will go there one day. Also the bunkhouse at the Black Houses, although never saw inside.

Lot of snow on the hills on the way home....too much for nearly the middle of May!

Back
Top Bottom