Garmin VIRB Refurb / Repair Service?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Original VIRB not refurbished / repaired by Garmin any more. Pricks.

Any of you guys know of any non-Garmin guys who can refurb these cameras?

TIA. :thumb2

Can’t help with a repair but I have an original elite with lots of bits if you are interested :)

What do you mean by refurbishment / repair? Has it simply stopped working? Did you stand on it? Does it just need a brush up?

If the latter, Google shows kits you can buy, up to and including replacing the lens. There are also DIY videos.

Recently bought two used VIRB Elites. One doesn't work and as Garmin won't refurbish them without proof of (original) purchase, I've wasted money. Also bought used regular VIRBs that have also stopped working - discontinued, so Garmin not refurbing them at all.

Shame, cos I love mine when they work.

The only way I'd buy a used early VIRB or VIRB Elite now is if it was very cheap.

Shows red light as recording, but when files are viewed on laptop there's no actual data. Tried swapping different memory cards and batteries - no difference.

It’s a shame they aren’t supporting it , as it was a decent camera and in certain aspects was well ahead of the Ultra30, which requires a separate case for rain proofing and £120 additional case to power it for longer than 30 mins!

mines packed in too.....called Garmin and they said get new battery ...i did and its still fekked.....now got go pro 7 black......far better......

Back
Top Bottom