Charging Helmet Intercom

Chrisvh

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have two power banks. An Anker Powercore 20100, capacity 20100 mAH. Output 5v-4.8A. Also an Anker Astro E1, capacity 6700 mAh. Output 5v. Both have intelligent charging.
When I try to charge my Sena SRL ( Sena 20S ) with either power bank the charging light comes on for three or four minutes and the the unit switches off. What do I need to charge a headset away from mains power without using the bike battery?

Are you sure the Sena is depleted?
My power bank switches off if the coms is fully charged as it sees no drain.

It is possible that yours is less sensitive but I wouldn’t have thought so.

Is the charging lead proven good?

If charging from mains, any usb brick will do-again with a proven good lead to the sena

I’ve charged my Sena 10u from a battery pack ( Anker)while camping without any problems. Recharging the battery pack from the bike, last year, was my issue (have recharged it many times in the past from the bike so maybe it’s on its way out) so eventually just plugged the Sena directly to the USB port on the bike in the evening, it was always fully charged by the time we’d set up the tents and had a few beers &/or food. Will be doing the same again this year for a two week camping trip.

Thanks. I will run the Sena down and then put the bigger power bank on it. When mains charging a red light signals charging and a blue light indicates charged. These lights just go out at present. I will continue to play around with it. Hoped the power bank would be the answer for camping.

Sorted. Thanks gents.

What was the solution?

My 10C keeps charged no problem from the bike 12V + USB adaptor, but does the same as described in your OP when hooked up to a power bank.

The battery needs to run down quite low. Hooked it up to the larger power bank a couple of times and it charged until the blue light came on. Will keep an eye on it but definite progress.

I think that power banks with intelligent charging, like Anker, detect a full charge and switch off before the intercom does. Therefore the blue, fully charged, light does not show. Just a theory. I have done a few charge cycles using the power bank and it seems to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom