800GSA Valuation

JoeC

rebircsbuS
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had my 2016 800GSA valued by BMW (they did not see it but just a value via email) ... £5250.

I have had the bike for 2 years and it was a BMW bike for the year prior to that (not a demo / courtesy bike but one used by BMW themselves in Reading).
900 miles on the clock when I picked it up and it is now showing just under 23K miles - fully serviced by BMW.

Just had my 2016 800GSA valued by BMW (they did not see it but just a value via email) ... £5250.

I have had the bike for 2 years and it was a BMW bike for the year prior to that (not a demo / courtesy bike but one used by BMW themselves in Reading).
900 miles on the clock when I picked it up and it is now showing just under 23K miles - fully serviced by BMW.

They would class 23k on a 2016 bike as high mileage. What they’re quoting is possibly the CAP trade in value or below it as an opening offer. It depends to some extent whether they view it as a straight purchase or whether you’re trading in with a view to buying another bike. It also might depend on whether it’s something they think they can move on or not and their stock levels.

If you want to establish it’s real value you need to do some research. Triangulate with a minimum of three dealers, check what similar bikes are selling for, trade and private. It’s probably in the vicinity of 1k less than dealer price to sell privately. Generally you’ll get less on trade in unless the dealer has got to shift the bike you’re buying to meet a sales target or BMW UK want to shift some stock at the back end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom