Reaction score
Date : 20th 22nd Sept 2019
Granite Square
Strontian
Argyll
PH36 4HZ
01967 402080
www.sunartcamping.co.uk

Set in the small, quiet village of Strontian, Sunart Camping is the ideal location for exploring the stunning,
unspoilt Ardnamurchan Peninsula, arguably the most beautiful area of Scotland.
Renowned for its abundant wildlife and its white sandy beaches, you won’t fail to be impressed.

The sea Loch Sunart is also a haven for otters, seals, oystercatchers, heron and curlew.
Sunart Camping is the ideal base for touring the Highlands of Scotland, the Isle of Mull and the Isle of Skye.

Campsite Amenities :
  • Picnic areas
  • Barbecue area
  • Bothy with log-burning stove
  • Washing up area
  • FREE hot showers
  • Drying Room
  • Fishing tackle hire
  • FREE hairdryers
  • Owner is Biker & has a workshop
  • Limited WiFi in owners Garden
  • Limited Mobile-phone service

The bothy has comfy seats , fridge , micro and tea / coffee . A nice warm place to spend an evening (or hide from midges

The site has limited numbers to a max of 55-60.
There are 2 cedar cabins available with underfloor heating,
1/ has bunk beds and a sofa sette, which will hold 3 people /4 at a push. £15PPPN
2/ has en-suite and shower facilities and max 6 people. £20PPPN
Camping £8PPPN

There will be a Barbecue on the Saturday night ( which is undercover in case of inclement weather) Burgers, chilli chicken, baked potatoes, salads, and tray bake cake for £10 PP.
Café and spar type shop within walking distance, also hotel.
Fuel also available on approach to Strontian at the village store. Open 08:00-19:00 Mon-Sat; 10:30-18:00 Sun
Cottage next to campsite which has 4 rooms. http://www.leacottage-bedbreakfast.co.uk/
Ride out to Mull on the Saturday, or explore the area yourselves, laid back, with no guided trips, just organise by ourselves in the morning or night before. I’ll be there from Friday afternoon, hope to see you there!

If you need anymore information, let me know.
Cheers Baz :thumby:

Some of the local scenery you can expect
40ecec33eb2f3a240523dda7e634f3c7.jpg
558089ea1bb84c959fd53276db952a83.jpg
cf5cdc1d6b888c8c64ec9864237171e8.jpg
3ce6e6a4a1c51134925adc76bab2b6fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Baz, good work :thumb2

Put me down as a single in a tent at the moment please as I'm only just home from a trip to Greece and Turkey on the 18th and most of my camping kit will still be in transit home...to Manchester !
If there were to be a cabin available then my partner would also come along but maybe after 3 weeks of living in a tent together it might just be nice to enjoy some personal time :rolleyes:

There are 3 cabins though, the large en suite jobbie and 2 smaller ones ( I've stayed in both of the smaller cabins ).

Mike.

Some of the local scenery you can expect
40ecec33eb2f3a240523dda7e634f3c7.jpg
558089ea1bb84c959fd53276db952a83.jpg
cf5cdc1d6b888c8c64ec9864237171e8.jpg
3ce6e6a4a1c51134925adc76bab2b6fa.jpg

That lovely little island opposite Castle Tioram is owned by Richard Branson's sister...found that out one evening when we kayaked round there and decided to wild camp one evening on a beach but were ' encouraged ' to move on by some security guy ...

Hi Baz, good work :thumb2

Put me down as a single in a tent at the moment please as I'm only just home from a trip to Greece and Turkey on the 18th and most of my camping kit will still be in transit home...to Manchester !
If there were to be a cabin available then my partner would also come along but maybe after 3 weeks of living in a tent together it might just be nice to enjoy some personal time :rolleyes:

There are 3 cabins though, the large en suite jobbie and 2 smaller ones ( I've stayed in both of the smaller cabins ).

Mike.
Thanks Mike You're correct there are 3 cabins, but I've already booked the small one, if you want the other 3 person one no problem, enjoy the trip, sounds great

Good work, I'll be there. It's a great spot and lots of cracking roads in all directions

Put myself and Maureen down for the Saturday night in the tent please Baz, I'll just have to remember and take the sleeping bags with me when I come home from my trip on the 18th..
And if we aren't talking after 3 weeks together under canvas I'll escape on my own for the weekend :D

Mike.:thumb

Hi Bazman,probably me but I can't see a date for the weekend, could you let me know please.

Cheers Brian

It's the big bold lettery bit under UKgser events :)

Put myself and Maureen down for the Saturday night in the tent please Baz, I'll just have to remember and take the sleeping bags with me when I come home from my trip on the 18th..
And if we aren't talking after 3 weeks together under canvas I'll escape on my own for the weekend :D

Mike.:thumb

No problem Mike :D

Back
Top Bottom