Ardnamurchan Point today

Big Jets

Reaction score
Out to Ardnamurchan Point today ,Weather and wildlife turned up ,Not been over for about 20 years .Magic

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 501
What a lovely place to be on a day like that,I've camped there a few times,one of the chaps in our bike club was the lighthouse man at Ardnamurchan point back in the 50s , it was his first posting and thought he'd come to the end of the world but soon got to love the place.

One of the guys in the BMW club was a light house keeper there...Bill Gault...lots of great stories about that and his other postings...

Yes,Bill Gault ,what a top man,he'll say "hey yorkie, where you been since last last seen yer"
Lovely man,God bless him.

What a lovely place to be on a day like that,I've camped there a few times,one of the chaps in our bike club was the lighthouse man at Ardnamurchan point back in the 50s , it was his first posting and thought he'd come to the end of the world but soon got to love the place.
In which case my grandparents knew him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I know what you mean Gerry its a hoot from Salen in to the point ,:beer:

Heading back towards Salen from Kilchoan on my own on the GS one afternoon when a pickup truck pulled onto the road from the shellfish collecting station at Laga. He was obviously a local and knew the road very well, as indeed did I as I used to drive and ride it a fair bit. He was fairly honking along with me at a respectable distance behind him. However, he stopped and waved me past. I pulled up alongside him and said, "Keep going you're doing a grand job at breaking the trail...!" He grinned and honked off again with me in pursuit. :D

Heading back towards Salen from Kilchoan on my own on the GS one afternoon when a pickup truck pulled onto the road from the shellfish collecting station at Laga. He was obviously a local and knew the road very well, as indeed did I as I used to drive and ride it a fair bit. He was fairly honking along with me at a respectable distance behind him. However, he stopped and waved me past. I pulled up alongside him and said, "Keep going you're doing a grand job at breaking the trail...!" He grinned and honked off again with me in pursuit. :D

Brilliant!

Man, that brings back memories. Got my first road leagal bike in 1977 and we rode all the way from Dundee to Ardnamurchan Point in shite weather haha. It was my first adventure and I never looked back. Looks gorgeous in the sunshine

Took my old KTM up to that area, stayed at Loch a Choire......is there a lighthouse at the point?

The lighthouse is on the tip of Loch sunnart, l think.

Took my old KTM up to that area, stayed at Loch a Choire......is there a lighthouse at the point?

Yes at Ardnamurchan Point, the most westerly point on the British mainland.

I know exactly what you mean Schtum ,the local post van was our trailblazer.

Back
Top Bottom