K1300S Screen

cjs748

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a screen for a K1300S ?

Just purchased a 2011 bike fitted with a standard screen and I’m finding the wind blast at motorway speeds unbearable.....

Thanks....

I put an MRA on mine - the one with the adjustable bit on top. It meant you could move the flow up and down a bit but it won't go away. Enjoy the breeze and hang on tight - it's a fabulous ride at speed when you've got some ground to cover. I rode from Ancona on the Adriatic to Chambery in one day, lots of Autostrada with light traffic and sustained high speed, great bike :thumb2

A bit late to this.

I have a 1300S

I'm 6'4" and I find that with the standard screen, the wind hits me mid chest leading to a rumbling sound in the helmet. If I raise myself a couple of inches, I'm in clean air and the turbulence and noise dies down considerably.

I tried putting on a taller screen (MRA adjustable like GreatScot above) and it didn't help in my case as it just moved the point the air was hitting me to just below the helmet.

So maybe the answer is a shorter screen - I haven't found one yet so I'm considering buying an aftermarket replacement and then cutting it down and inch or so.

CC Mac, does the Puig screen deflect the airflow to the sides or higher?

It deflects higher. There is also something called a laminar lip which fits onto the standard screen. I have one for my K1200 R Sport but I took it off after a stone cracked the screen, in the meantime, whilst glueing the crack, I fitted the Puig back on and I think I prefer it slightly more due to it being a bit quieter. Sorry for not replying sooner.

Back
Top Bottom