I've bought another GS, nice to be back

franco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The old 1150GS has been languishing in the back of the garage as with carpools for kids, company cars being free to travel and having aircon and good stereos, hasn't been much demand for biking lately and most local trips have been on the surprisingly brilliant Honda 600 scooter.
However, I was looking round a few dealers, and whilst down in Nimes, this 30th Anniversary Adventure with under 40,000kms caught my eye. So I bought it.

Nice clean example, and I always liked the colours (yes I know I coulda painted one)
i-CBfvRcs-X3.jpg

Great ride from Nimes across to Aix en Provence, visited the eldest son, then off on the south side of St Victoire, perfect roads, no traffic and sunshine, it's all good so far.

i-GrgQSSM-X3.jpg

Scooted from Pourrieres up to Rians, which is a brilliant road full of tight twisties, nice to get the feel of the big bike again.
From Rians, over to Aups, for a Coke in the square before heading up to the Gorges du Verdon, on the D49 then splitting off to the D619 to Aiguines. You get great views down to the lake from up here, and again, only passed two cars in more than 15kms.

i-DRVfmNN-X3.jpg

Once you get through Aiguines, it's a very scenic climb up to the loop of the Gorges.

i-NGLT9gB-X3.jpg

Gorges looked gorgeous today, clouds appear darker in the photo, though there were a few spots of rain, nothing more.

i-GxHcb7T-XL.jpg

I know the luggage is a bit OTT for a day trip, but it all came with the bike :cool:

i-pwpqLCg-XL.jpg

I really enjoyed this though and it fitted like a glove having had the 1200GS before writing it off in 2011, and just been using the 1150. The old bike has 150,000kms on it now and needs some TLC so I'll fiddle with that in the garage, once the 2 x XT600s and the FJ1200 are sorted hahaha.

Nice to be back

new bike

Love the bike :D and that area looks great and what a beautiful day for riding, Never been to that area myself but maybe one day ,Enjoy your bike

Dave :thumby:

Nice one, Franco, that looks great :thumb

Nice !!

I know you don’t get the same view but I love the ride up from the lake to Aiguines.Those perfect twisties for a couple of miles are like a race track through the pines.

Great to see you back posting here again Franco and best of luck with the new bike. :thumb2

Love the bike :D and that area looks great and what a beautiful day for riding, Never been to that area myself but maybe one day ,Enjoy your bike

Dave :thumby:

Cheers Dave, it's a biking paradise, you should get down here one day.../Rob

Good to hear from you again Franco. Missed your posts from one of the best regions in France. Keep it coming. Julie and I planning on another trip to Castellane in the next couple of years but have an itch to go back to the Dolomites again first.:thumby:

Nice new ride Rob and welcome back to his place, some familiar roads and views in your pics you live in a lovely part of the world, look forward to seeing more of your reports on here :beerjug:

Enjoy your new steed...
Nice to see you posting again.

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom