Water hoses F650 Dakar

RPMDAKAR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone replaced these with nice shiny blue silicon ones? If so where do I start looking for a supplier? TIA.

Not able to help with a supplier but make sure you use the correct clamps for silicon hoses.

Clamps that are smooth on the inside so they don't damage the softer hoses.

Some silicon hose kit suppliers offer the correct clamps.

Anything wrong with OE?

Yea, the rubber hoses have perished and its leaking, fortunately I spotted it during a dry spell or else disaster may have struck, also the original BMW Clips contributed to the hoses demise, to narrow only 4 mm wide ensuring they cut into the rubber and splaying the ends. I have located some .7mm thick x 12mm w x 24-30mm dia Stainless clips to compliment the Blue silicone hoses ordered.

Yea, the rubber hoses have perished and its leaking, fortunately I spotted it during a dry spell or else disaster may have struck, also the original BMW Clips contributed to the hoses demise, to narrow only 4 mm wide ensuring they cut into the rubber and splaying the ends. I have located some .7mm thick x 12mm w x 24-30mm dia Stainless clips to compliment the Blue silicone hoses ordered.

After fitting expensive blue silicone hoses my leak was still apparent, tuns out the fan casing had worn through 3 of the cooling tubes on my Radiator, GAT at Brierley Hill, mended the offending article, same day service, tested and resprayed black £ 25 Result. Dry floor and piece of mind.

Well it sounds like your original hoses weren’t in the best condition anyway so it’s one less worry I suppose. Plus they now look like fancy expensive blue hoses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom