Which aftermarket can?

stu1969

Reaction score
Hello all good gentle folks
I've currently got a ...... I love the sound over the standard can but it does do some popping and farting. Its not just burble from the over run sometimes it actually bangs!

I've been advised that there is no real fix other than put the original can back on which I don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My 1150 GSA used to do this and just got used to it...someone suggested it might not have been airtight?

Currently run my TC with an Akro ... burbles away and sounds great ... no banging though.

I'm running a titanium Beowulf end can with the baffle in (2010 tc gsa with the flapper removed too), great noise and haven't had any bangs coming from it, but little pops and burbles on the overrun (similar to the standard lump but with a few more db and just a little deeper in tone). if memory serves they are in rotherham? or at least nearby! maybe worth a visit? the owner was on their stand at the NEC show and is a top gent from the 10 minutes or so i spent chatting to him

Beowulf are near Halifax. I have fitted a Lextex link pipe and a Scorpion can from my GSXR11 to mine, it burbles and pops a little but doesnt bang. My wifes Guzzi pops and that's standard,

Had a scorpion titanium on mine from new, fuelling mapped to suit, no bangs either just the odd burble on a closed throttle overrun.

My 1200TC has had the cat removed and it was a great improvement.

Only downside is, she was noisy, with full blown backfires when cold. The popping was acceptable, but when running on the equivalent of choke, the thing would full on backfire on the overrun.

Not great when riding past the security gate of a Northern Ireland Army camp.

I found the Remus Hexacone offered a much better backpressure which has eliminated the backfires... and toned DOWN the noise from the factory can on the Twin Cam.

Looks great in titanium, but was only kept because it really tames the noise and sorts out the exhaust pressure.

Arrow full system on mine has been very good so far, quiet too I reckon. Junk the flappy valve, put on a full system of your choice and take your bike to Hilltop for a work up and you’ll be delighted with the results I’m sure.

The standard ECU map runs weak leading to a lot more popping on the overrun. An open pipe does it more than one with baffles. The ECU is supposed to cope with free flowing pipes but Hilltop told me some bikes can run dangerously weak. A half decent exhaust really does need a remap to protect exhaust valves if nothing else.

I’m running a titanium akrapovic end can with the baffle in expensive but absolutely beautifully made. This is actually quieter than stock and bangs less on over run compared with the original can. With the baffle out it’s a bit louder than the stock can but it has a very deep bassy drone. That to be honest got on my nerves!

Hello all good gentle folks
I've currently got a ...... I love the sound over the standard can but it does do some popping and farting. Its not just burble from the over run sometimes it actually bangs!

I've been advised that there is no real fix other than put the original can back on which I don't want to do.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you do your own servicing, take a bit of time balancing the throttle bodies properly. When i get my own bike set up right there's no popping on the over run and it pulls like a train but i use a carbtune balancer and i do find it fiddly and usually end up having to start from scratch two or three times during the process.

I got some good advice on this forum to concentrate on the pickup point, just when the throttle bodies are starting to open.

Obviously if you get it serviced at a dealer, this probably doesn't apply.

Back
Top Bottom