sc project exhaust

peter56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a SC PROJECTS exhaust from a 2015 model which I intended to fit to my 2017 model . Have emailed the company and they said.
( Yes it should be compatible but we never tested it on the bike so we don’t know if it can work well or not.
We also would like to remind you that it will not be approved on the new bike ). So how would I stand legally in fitting said exhaust ????

I think no-one will give a flying fuck :augie

I am thinking of the insurance implications if there was a claim of some sort. It does say its street legal but that's for the 2015 model. The new one on the website for the 2017 model says euro 4 compliant

It does say its street legal but that's for the 2015 model. The new one on the website for the 2017 model says euro 4 compliant
I think I'm right in saying that new bikes have to be sold with Euro 4-compliant exhausts, but there's nothing to stop the purchase fitting one which isn't compliant? Could be wrong though...

more research needed me thinks. Wonder if I should contact insurance before fitting or am i asking for trouble

So an update. Have phoned insurance and as long as it will pass a MOT they don't have a problem and it did fit so happy days

Back
Top Bottom