Hi do I get live traffic on my Nav 6

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, using my Nav 6 with comms and phone does anyone know how I can get live traffic to my Nav without subscribing to the Garmin traffic thingimibob. Many thanks for any help
Cheers
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traffic is free. But you need to have the Garmin app on your phone, so when the phone connects the Garmin app does as well. Well that is what happened to me :)

So just leave the app open on the phone and the Nav will pick it up ok?
Sounds too easy lol

yep as above the app sends info to the nav and it flashed up on the nav screen showing a time delay at a distance ahead. If its a long delay ( not sure on the specified time) it offers " alternate routes are available " Thats when the fun starts. Stick to your planned route as you will get the front of the traffic queue on the bike.

I downloaded the Garmin App to my phone, but it seemed as though it caused some conflict with BMW "Connected". I need to try again. I can;t remember the symptoms, but I deleted the Garmin app, and BMW Connected started working normally again.
At some point I will have to use the Garmin app, because live traffic maybe more useful than BMW Connected...

Back from France and Belgium and the Garmin app gave me traffic or no traffic all the way. Great result for something I didn’t think was useful. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom