2017 AT

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at a pre-reg 2017 AT in a local dealer - manual 'box.
I know there were issues with wheel discolouration on some of these bikes, but this one has black wheels - did these last better ?
Anything I'm going to regret, going for a '17 model rather than a later one ?
Thanks

John

It's the galvanised spokes that go dull and a bit shit looking, honda will change them when they look tarnished. Very good bikes.

I haven’t heard of wheel discoloring but it wouldn’t put me off what is fundamentally a great bike. As for wether to have a 17 year model or a 2019 depends on the amount of discount is I suppose and if you think the extra stuff on a adventure sport model gives you is worth it or needed.

I was in my local dealer and the prices are still fairly high with no second hand bikes under £7995

mine was a 2017 with black wheels. Spokes started tarnishing slightly and paint was flaking (very miinor!) Honda were going to replace them but bike was stolen before they got the wheels in). My engine case - gold/copper colour did however stain but only on one side even with the ceramic coating option. from water? which they were investigating. Mechanically my DCT was fine bar a DCT issue. Heated grips by honda were not very hot and kept getting mentioned too..

Mine now has 12k miles. No issues at all...apart from new wheels due to spokes tarnishing. (New ones have stainless spokes)

Mine is a 2017 DCT and has the new stainless wheels fitted last november but not ridden since, loads of bling with 4k miles you can buy mine if you want.

There were a significant number of changes between the 17 & 18 models.
If the discount makes it worthwhile I'd go for it otherwise hold out for a deal on an 18 model.

Back
Top Bottom