Visiting that London...suggestions for places of interest?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Will be in London for a weekend soon, and would be interested to hear any ideas for visiting places which would interest an Irishman (Ex-Marine Engineer) who has not spent much time there yet?
Will be staying near 'Ammersmiff, and plan to go to Greenwich and see Cutty Sark for one day.
Wondering if London Motorcycle Museum is worth a visit on Saturday morning?
Planning to hit Covent Garden on Sunday morning...
Thanks!

See if you can meet up with Wapping, he’ll give you a guided tour! :D

Try The Dove for a pint - one of oldest pubs in London & on the river just by Hammersmith

Try The Dove for a pint - one of oldest pubs in London & on the river just by Hammersmith

Had lunch there last time and this time we are booked in to The Old Ship - my wife loves the English Sunday lunch !

Assuming you mean the London Motorcycle Museum in Greenford...

It is pretty good/interesting if you’re into bikes of various ages, but if you have a limited time in London it wouldn’t be very high on my list.

If you’re riding/driving into town and happen to be coming via A40, it’s an interesting stop for an hour or two.

Worth a special trip? I would say not....

Brooklands Museum is well worth a visit as is the RAF Museum at Hendon which is free.

Check that the London Motorcycle museum is open before you go. 0208 575 6644.

Rub'a'duck me ol'china.................

You know how a sightseeing bus can be a good way to see the sights and get your bearings, well, how about one that takes you up the Thames as well.

I've been on this a couple of times now and it's a hoot :thumb2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AfDnV_KA4i4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

Interesting, they wear lifejackets on the Dublin dukw when it does the amphibious part - might be a reason for that!

Back
Top Bottom