ABS wont reset; R850r

Ogmios

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
as per title, i took the rear caliper off to check the pads.
Put it back on and the ABS lights came on.
Did the "reset with the diagnostic plug to earth wire and hold for ten seconds" thing and ....
and nothing - ABS lights still flashing. :(

Any ideas folks? :confused:
Thanks in advance. :thumb2

Did the "reset with the diagnostic plug to earth wire and hold for ten seconds" thing and ....
and nothing - ABS lights still flashing. :(

Any ideas folks? :confused:
Thanks in advance. :thumb2

The abs reset switch can, and frequently does, get corrosion inside and stops working. In which case the reset doesn't work.

To check that the switch is still working the abs lights should stop flashing when you press it.

Take it for a good ride and stop and start take wire with you to set abs up worked for me👍
Hmm, a good ride is never a bad idea anyhow :D - but maybe the battery could do with a decent length of time on a charger.

The abs reset switch can, and frequently does, get corrosion inside and stops working. ...
To check that the switch is still working the abs lights should stop flashing when you press it.
Just went out and stuck key in / turned it on / ABS lights alternately flash .... push ABS button and lights go to just one staying lit.
So, that alright then.
... isn't it?
i feckin HATE diagnosing electrical problems!
:(

Thanks for the replies. :beerjug:

I suspect the rear speed sensor, Didn't they put it in a great place???

If you park Frodi and your bikes side by side final drive to final drive ish (facing away from each other)

Lift each saddle and trace the ABS wires and unplug frodi's bikes rear ABS wire and connect it into your bikes loom side

Note! do not switch on Frodi's bike's ignition until you have refitted that wire or he will need to do a reset too

Then try a reset on yours

Those rear ABS sender wires are awful fragile these days and even a simple knock can bugger them

If it resets this time with Frodi's ABS sensor connected you have your answer

I suspect the rear speed sensor, ...
If you park Frodi and your bikes side by side final drive to final drive ish (facing away from each other)...
Those rear ABS sender wires are awful fragile these days and even a simple knock can bugger them

If it resets this time with Frodi's ABS sensor connected you have your answer
Ta for this Jay.
... er, not that i doubt your wisdom, but how about taking that sender wire off Frodi's Bike and trying it on mine?
Would that not get the same result? :nenau
Just seems easier!

ANYhow - I've fixed it for now: gaffa tape over the annoying flashing lights. :thumb2
:blast

but how about taking that sender wire off Frodi's Bike and trying it on mine?
Would that not get the same result? :nenau Just seems easier!

Does "one" not think that I would have told you to do that, IF it were easier ???? Park the bikes right side by right side and Lift off both saddles

Locate where ABS sensor plugs into loom on both bikes (Right side about under your right buttock area whilst seated on the bike)

Separate the connectors

Plug Frodi's sensor into your bikes loom

Switch on your bike and carry out a reset

Do NOT and I emphasise Do NOT disturb the routing of Frodi's sensor wiring down the swingarm and never mind at the final drive!!! (That is "where" they are particularly fragile Marc)

Do not switch on Frodi's ignition!!

Simply plug his sensor wire into your bike's loom and do a reset

IF your bikes ABS fault clears that is what is wrong

Simply disconnect and replug back into Frodi's bike loom to re establish normality

Realistic time to do the above ? 7 minutes Max

ANYhow - I've fixed it for now: gaffa tape over the annoying flashing lights. :thumb2
:blast

If you lift the saddle off and remove the light blue coloured relay in the fuse/relay box that will also cure the flashing light and leave you with one red rectangle illuminated

Ahem ...

I think* i got it sorted.
Once i figured out what way it came out. :rolleyes: (Well at about £165+P+P for a new one :eek: i'm treating this with car€ and resp€ct [and no manual] ! :blast )
Dead easy to remove and inspect.... and take all the muck off it. :augie
... seems it was just too dirty to function. :blush

*I never say it's fixed until it's run for a while and stays fixed with my "fix". ;)

Thanks one and all - especially the adults that are allowed to play with sharp things. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom