Forma ADV Touring boot

Just bought a pair of the low ones. Seem very stiff so far and I think they’d offer more protection than my Alpinestars. I hope they get better after breaking them in. I also hope they are as waterproof as the Alpinestars which have been great over the past three years. I love the easy in and out of the Forma's and the chunkier soles suit my foot pegs better, more grip than the AS’s.

So pretty happy overall and time will tell if they live up to the hype.

My penneth worth...I bought a pair of Sidi adventure 2 and subsequently sold them because A) I just couldn’t get used to the lack of toe or ankle movement to change gear with minimal effort. B) The weight of them. I do like to have a wander around off bike and I just can’t help thinking boots could be lighter but still protective. I really didn’t give ‘weight’ much thought buying mine. So as I’m in the market now it shall be a consideration. There will I’m sure be a compromise along the way, which means they’ll be more soft road boots but I hope that will also mean less fatigue and more agile. I wear a size 10.5 and I’m 12.5 stone so perhaps the problem is not being tosser size. Formas I have been told are comfortable and I’m also reading about Gearne oil balance boots too. If the tall boots don’t suit I’ll be coming down to the short boots of which falco Marshall look good and yes Forma are in that market too.

I have the tall ones in brown. Had them nearly a year now. Very comfortable both on and off the bike. Not had wet feet yet. I did need to go up one size but now could if needed get an extra pair of socks on. The soles are lasting well and are thicker than my old boots so had to slightly alter the gear lever to get my toe under it.

Back
Top Bottom