Forma ADV Touring boot

ratbiker

Reaction score
I am looking for a new pair of boots. I only do road riding. I have come across these Forma ADV Touring boot they seem a really good price.

Has anyone got experience of these? What are your thoughts?

6b5fc80d818f69493ad51fa8826fcb78.jpg

I saw those but they are a little above my budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are excellent boots, all day comfortable and then some. I often use them for a bit of hiking once pitched up as the soles have a proper tread on them.

I have the shorter version, which might suit you better if you don't leave the tarmac too much.

Sizing for me (45) was spot on.

My size was bang on, again all day comfort.

They are excellent boots, all day comfortable and then some. I often use them for a bit of hiking once pitched up as the soles have a proper tread on them.

I have the shorter version, which might suit you better if you don't leave the tarmac too much.

Sizing for me (45) was spot on.

Sorry. You have the touring ones as pictured above or the full blown ones below?
fc0d926cdea719057138c90d46cd7f35.jpg

Advice I was given was go up a size on your normal one.

Forma adventure boots, broke in quickly and day long comfy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Please can you tell me are you talking about the ones pictured in the original post or the second picture?

Please can you tell me are you talking about the ones pictured in the original post or the second picture?

Second ones; it was adventure bike shop who recommend I went up a size. The only regret of sorts, should have got the brown one's instead of black.

Have they lasted well? Any comments on their waterproofness?

Lasted fine, no problem with waterproofing, a screw for one of the clips has gone rusty.

They're comfortable, and I can use them on several different style of bikes with no issues.

I’ve got a set of the forma boots, the full length ones and I honestly can’t praise them enough. Super comfy and they have been watertight and dry in even the worst European torrential downpours. A superb bit of kit and one which I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase again if I needed new boots.

Sorry. You have the touring ones as pictured above or the full blown ones below?
fc0d926cdea719057138c90d46cd7f35.jpg

If you are doing zero off road then these are fine. They look the part but are not a good off road boot in regards to protection.

Got shorter ones in brown very comfy, waterproof and great to walk in.

I’ve recently bought a pair too, they are called Adventure Low . Very comfy and great to walk in off the bike.

I too read some comments on the web saying go up a size on your normal shoe size and I would say that’s not true . I’m a size 7.5 and I bought size 8 and had to put some insoles in to make them fit better .

I'm considering a pair of these, my Sidi Adventure boots are now around 10 years old and coming to end of life with the soles worn out. As i'm getting older my feet are flattening out a little and my size 43 boots are now getting tight around the toes... Thinking i'll need a size 44 in these...

If you are doing zero off road then these are fine. They look the part but are not a good off road boot in regards to protection.

I beg to differ. I use them for green laning and will be using them for an upcoming trip to Iceland. They are comfortable to both ride and walk in, waterproof, and offer "enough" protection to justify the necessary compromise. I have had various top spec MX boots (still have my Tech 8's) which offer more protection, but at the expense of comfort, or ability to walk!
Mark

Mine lasted 2 1/2 years before one started leaking. I've bought another pair though because I like them. I bought a size up on the Euro sizing.

I tried them but found them a little lacking in protection, and not quite as structurally solid as I would have liked.
I went for the Alpinestars Belize instead - similar looking but seemed slightly sturdier...

Well I ordered a pair of these and wasn't that keen on them. First impression when I got them out of the box was that the straps for the buckles looked cheap and plastic. I went for a half size up and the FIT wasn't great, fine on the length but too much room around the foot and, like others have mentioned feels like a distinct lack of protection. I sent mine back and will see if I can get another trip out of my Sidi Adventures before either having the soles replaced or upgrading to the Adventure 2 boots..

Back
Top Bottom