Little honda tl125. ........future classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well in the 1970s I passed my test on one of these
40 plus years later I bought this off this very forum
easy to start ( important to me with a knackered right knee )
Few minor jobs completed ( fresh fuel,set up carburettor, charge battery, minor oil service, front fork oil seals ...still to do the oil seals, )

I'm just changing the bike to historic class

( over 40yrs old, no tax, no mot required
then fun:thumb

2019-05-10-21.15.41.jpg
20190510_134713.jpg
2019-05-07-11.30.15.jpg

That's A thing of Beauty Magwa ,I owned a TLr 200 and sold it for £350 .What a fud I am.

I'm considering the bolt on 150 cc kit(£129 off ebay).......but.......If it makes it harder to kick start. .....might not be such a wise move

This has 7200kms on the clocks (4500mile? ?) It looks good enough to be real on what was a "grey" import in the early 2000's.even has a full OEM tool kit.....I wasn't expecting that!

I actually broke one of the earlier ones and was shocked at the money I got on Fleabay for the front sprocket guard on it ,sent it to America for funny Money seemingly it was rockin horse poo ,some guys are right into these wee gems love it

But better than my recent sold mobylette moped ;)

Now that is a fact i got on a moped a few weeks ago, had not been on one for many a year and many kilos later, laughed when trying to get the blighter to go uphill.....................:thumb2:thumb2

Now I've stripped the front brake, petrol washed the grease off the brake hub....... ( from speedo drive over lubrication)
It now actually stops;)
stopped off at the post office and taxed (for £0) as it's over 40yrs old
tax and mot free.......result:thumb

Restoration progresses
Shame I'm giving up riding:blast
2019-07-25-11.41.13.jpg

When it's properly sorted I'll list it in the Forsale section of the forum :thumb
I can only play with classic cars and a tractor from now on
After 46yrs of riding
I'm done :(

I'm considering the bolt on 150 cc kit(£129 off ebay).......but.......If it makes it harder to kick start. .....might not be such a wise move

This has 7200kms on the clocks (4500mile? ?) It looks good enough to be real on what was a "grey" import in the early 2000's.even has a full OEM tool kit.....I wasn't expecting that!

Is that just a barrel and piston kit?

This is what you buy
Cheap enough, pure bolt on kit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-TL...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I haven't bought it as due to medical problems, I'm not riding anymore:rob

I fitted a similar piston and barrel to a CB100, to take it out to 150, but it really needs a lower compression head, it maybe ok on the 125, and I did modify the head, but not enough, it goes well though for a CB100, it wasn’t a easy fit, as the 100 has a smaller throat, so needs turned down, but I think the 125 is bigger.

Love the little luggage rack on that bike Magwa.

Compression - IIR back in the day a mate would add a second cylinder head gasket to lower the compression a tad. If that risks blowing the gasket(s), perhaps a second base gasket would have the same affect.

P

Love the little luggage rack on that bike Magwa.

Compression - IIR back in the day a mate would add a second cylinder head gasket to lower the compression a tad. If that risks blowing the gasket(s), perhaps a second base gasket would have the same affect.

P

The "luggage rack "is standard honda oem fitment
The oem honda tl 125 tool box( inc tools ) hang from the rack......very neat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom