Farkling

RevvingRev

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Other than the obvious thing (a screen solution) what have people done to or added to their 750/850 that has been a source of happiness?

I'm thinking that I'm going to get some kind of hand guard extender, some form of automatic oiling system and probably a phone mount of some description.

Anyone solved any of these issues or tried other things that have improved the bike for you?

Scottoiler e-system and Wunderlich engine protector bars. Former works well (has been on 2 other bikes previously already) and I have not needed to try the latter yet (and hope to keep it that way!).

Several things to my F850GS: - Givi tall screen cut down by 10cm (see separate screen thread), hugger by Powerbronze (good), front fender extender by Powerbronze (excellent), larger foot brake (essential), Touratech spiky footpegs (good for big feet but expensive), TFT shroud (good and improves looks).

I also went for the Atacama soft luggage option from BMW dealer - expensive and a bit fiddly but saved bike from damage when dropped on spanish ferry, separate bottle holders for fuel/water etc means quick access on a hot day, also expandable with heavy duty nylon panels on outside for protection and also where you can keep wet weather gear permanently ready. LOOKS THE BIS!

I have a brand new Powerbronze hugger, still boxed and sealed in its wrapping that I will probably sell when I return from hols.

Nothing really substantial just yet, as I haven't have the bike long, but on my GSA rallye:

- Sat nav relocation bar from bmw-gps-interface.com: essential, works perfectly and looks like it came with the bike. Very pricey though.
- Phone holder from Quadlock: keeps my phone on the satnav bar. Minimally intrusive when not using the phone, keeps it safely in place. Haven't tried offroad yet, but motorways were no issue at all.
- Dual USB socket from Nippy Normans: replaces the useless din plug which always fails to hold onto anything. Incidentally, great location for phone charging with a short usb cable used with the two items above. Fast charging too (on socket #1 only).
- TFT Screen protector from Angel Guards: I'm assuming it protects alright, got the matt anti-glare version, but makes the screen harder to read in bright sunlight - testament to the great job BMW did. Not a huge fan, but will keep it on to protect the expensive dash. Might come off for a long trip if we are ever allowed out again.
- Bar risers by Touratech: I think I was needing this because of the chunky Rallye seat, which while putting me at a better distance from the pegs (I'm 6.4", and while not cramped on standard seat am more comfortable higher up), left me a little far from the handlebars. Really only noticed this after a couple of hours on the motorway. Risers sorted it out beautifully, very pleased.

Next up will be a very tall screen that actually works for me and doesn't look like it was designed 20 years ago. Perhaps a spoiler might be enough.

Scottoiler: there is a dedicated version for the bike, available from BMW. Takes a while to fit as you have to take the tank etc off, but fits well. Vario panniers and box as they take lots of 'stuff' but still look ok and bike is 'clean' when you whip them off. Optimate leads to battery. Pretty well essential at the moment when its sitting in my dads garage and I cant get to it. I also have a massive screen, but looking for something a bit smaller.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hugger to protect the rear end
Fender extender to protect the engine paintwork
Extra charging socket
GPS (std BMW for me because i swap my NAV6 onto my 1200)
Rack and tailpack
I also have a Leo Vince can (not really that useful)
Extended screen

Fuel in the tank :)

Rubbertech tank pad
Quad lock with usb charging point
Bark busters hand guards
Adjustable and pivoted levers
Side stand extender
Givi airflow screen
Kriega 30L tail pack

Really happy with the bike now. Perhaps some more farkling with the screen when Nicola says we can get oot again.

In case anyone has an F750GS and would like to use an F850 screen (the F750GS screen mount has fixings that are closer together than the 850GS/GSA), I have an OEM F850GS screen mount, only on bike for about 10 miles, now surplus to requirements, if anyone is interested at £25 inc UK mainland postage?

Hi Matty,

I am interested in the screen mount. Can you PM me further details please?

Thanks

In the end I bought the Madstad screen mount and MRA
Vario screen for 850GS. Not perfect but as good as I can get it. Funnily enough the same Vario screen on the 850GSA in high position is even better - most be something about the GSA’a bodywork.

Anyone fitted the Givi GPS bracket? Some of the cheaper ones are aluminium and I prefer stainless steel

I have it my 750, bought used from here. Very solid and doesn’t vibrate.

Yes - It does fit the GS Sport- I believe I bought it from him!

Dave T

Is it a good fit and give the protection you want? would you recommend this hugger before I purchase one or is there a better one out there?

Back
Top Bottom