My new (old) FLHS ~

David Nimrod

Reality you can rely on...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've recently bought a fantastic example of my favourite HD Evo tourer, the FLHS Electra Glide Sport.

This one is on an F plate, early 1989, and when I got it, a month ago, it had under five thousand miles on the clock (history fully documented).

It really is like riding a new bike, except that it's thirty years old... Very odd!

I absolutely love it

e4a959842d5259135a7a276d43ffce42.jpg
7727880a3cab0fcfcc6a8809152a8c8e.jpg

5000 miles in 30 years crikey... nice find!!

Has it just had the one owner?

It was in a collection of bikes and cars, then got bought about a year ago by the guy that recommissioned it, he rode it for 1200 miles, and then I bought it.

Is that like an early version of a Road King?
Yes, exactly

The Road King dispensed with the 'ugly' dash (that I really like), and relocated the speedo onto the tank. Also, a lot of chrome etc. was added, and the rest was history, the Road King was a real sales success.

The FLHS was much more of a low key bike (for a Harley!), and became a riders favourite...

Nice with the plain Ali EVO engine......

No chrome or paint to fail.... wipe over with Wd40 will still be immaculate at 50 years old...

Nice with the plain Ali EVO engine......

No chrome or paint to fail.... wipe over with Wd40 will still be immaculate at 50 years old...
Yeah, I do love the plain alloy engine. I'm wiping on some ACF50, hoping to preserve it for as long as possible

Nice one David:thumb2 So they are still out there if you keep your eyes open.
I also like the early plain alloy engines, plus the black paint wasn't very good on the early bikes.

That’s a lovely Harley. I was after one in 1997 but could not find one . Bought a black Road king new instead . Loved that bike and should of kept it . Traded it 3 years later for a road glide then a fat boy. Those sports have a bot of old and new in them . Lucky you

One of the few Harley’s I’ve ridden , a new one in 1990. I thought the Sport only came with the screen and saddle bags though not the top trunk?

A mate bought one and it was his daily ride, he didn’t own a car , and was no garage queen like yours . Nice find indeed . Enjoy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom