Clutch Input seal leaking?

markkfletcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just noticed some fairly significant clutch slipping when accelerating hard in 6th. I'm fairly sure the clutch isn't worn out - I suspect the input seal on the clutch slave might be leaking and contaminating the clutch - I replaced that slave unit not long ago. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to discern whether that is the cause without breaking the bike in half to get at the clutch? Or suggestions what else to look into?

I doubt it's the anything to do with the slave cylinder unless the clutch fluid level is dropping.

It's more likely to be the Input shaft seal, output end, which lives in the gearbox tunnel where the slave cylinder locates. .

I doubt it's the anything to do with the slave cylinder unless the clutch fluid level is dropping.

It's more likely to be the Input shaft seal, output end, which lives in the gearbox tunnel where the slave cylinder locates. .

Thanks Neil, yes that is what I was getting at, if a little confused about the details. So is there a way to check that is the case without opening up the clutch?

You can remove the starter moter to get a look at the clutch plate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Neil, yes that is what I was getting at, if a little confused about the details. So is there a way to check that is the case without opening up the clutch?

Yes, simple, pull the slave cylinder off the end of the gearbox and see if gear oil runs out.

Back
Top Bottom