BMW Motorrad Navigator 6 / VI - Internal Speaker / Volume Controls

oddjob

Reaction score
Would you please kindly confirm if the BMW Motorrad Navigator 6 / VI is either fitted with a fully functional internal speaker OR is an internal speaker available as an further additional optional BMW accessory? :( :nenau

• My BMW Motorrad Navigator 6 / VI was purchased new from BMW Motorrad on 10.05.2019 :)

• The sealed box was opened on 18.05.2019 :bounce1

• The inbuilt speaker does not emit any sound whatsoever, however the unit was successfully paired to a Cardo blue-tooth headset :confused:

For the sake of good order, clarity and the avoidance of doubt, I hereby confirm:
a) Garmin Express has installed ALL available updates, however the internal speaker does not emit any sound whatsoever;
b) The master volume is most definitely not MUTED, however despite all the volume controls being set to maximum, the internal speaker of the BMW Motorrad Navigator VI doesn’t emit any sound whatsoever;
c) No sound whatsoever is emitted from the internal speaker despite selecting the option to receive an audible prompt when operating the unit settings;
d) When the unit is connected to my blue-tooth headset, sound is emitted from my helmet speaker;
e) The Cardo blue-tooth has been de-installed, however the internal speaker of the BMW Navigator VI still does not emit any sound;
f) When the Cardo blue-tooth is re-installed, sound is once again emitted from the helmet speakers.
g) The master volume had no effect when the unit is fitted on the bike (BMW R1200GS TE) nor off the bike;
h) The internal speakers of my Garmin Zumo 350 and 395 function without any issue.

Thanks in anticipation of your helpful replies. :bow

As Shamone says, no external speaker, but there is a car kit available with a speaker built inside of that.

BMW Motorrad Navigator 6 / VI

My BMW Motorrad Navigator 4 did have blue-tooth and an internal speaker.

However, I'm not surprised BMW Motorrad deemed an internal speaker to be superfluous for the Navigator 6 / VI, naturally in the interests of weight-saving and ergonomics. :rolleyes:

The Sound of silence or BMW Penny Pinching

Thanks very much for your learned replies. :bow

Is this a further additional example of BMW "new version improvements" or Penny Pinching, in order to sell further additional accessories. :barf

Before long, there will be multiple optional accessories such as a more durable paint / powder-coating (which is "recommended" by BMW Motorrad, AKA in order to comply with warranty terms and conditions) for bikes that will be ridden in the rain. :rolleyes:

as mentioned no internal speaker.....what are you actually trying too do ? to listen to music or nav instructions its through the helmet speaker of whichever headset you have paired.

Thanks very much for your learned replies. :bow

Is this a further additional example of BMW "new version improvements" or Penny Pinching, in order to sell further additional accessories. :barf

Before long, there will be multiple optional accessories such as a more durable paint / powder-coating (which is "recommended" by BMW Motorrad, AKA in order to comply with warranty terms and conditions) for bikes that will be ridden in the rain. :rolleyes:

Have you been drinking..?

The units are made for external mounting on motobikes so there is no real need for a speaker as they are built to use bluetooth headset receivers

Back
Top Bottom