R1150 R single spark rocker cover replacement

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mine are lightly scratched from previous owner. If I buy a set off motorworks, is it a straight swap over or do I need gaskets as well? Sense seems to say yes...but not sure
If I need gaskets, do I need some sort of fastening/sealing glue ?
If I do is it a pain in the arse to remove old and replace the gaskets? Any advice appreciated
Ta

The rocker cover seals are just rubber like a shaped o-ring, NO sealant necessary. In fact you need to make them as dry as possible.

You can very likely use the old ones.

Don,
The one in the centre plug hole wants rotating by 90 degrees every time, so that the compression pattern moves
IYKWIM

Neil

PS
It's been fine at Dent, and we missed you

Mine are lightly scratched from previous owner. If I buy a set off motorworks, is it a straight swap over or do I need gaskets as well? Sense seems to say yes...but not sure
If I need gaskets, do I need some sort of fastening/sealing glue ?
If I do is it a pain in the arse to remove old and replace the gaskets? Any advice appreciated
Ta

Dead easy job, just watch out for the sneaky extra gasket in the spark plug hole, which often gets stuck in there - and as Neil says - rotate it by quarter of a turn when you refit it. The less simple thing is finding a nice set of rocker covers - I can only see second hand ones on Motorworks.

I know. I kept looking and the weather kept getting better. Pissed off with weather reports now. Missed being there too.
Don,
The one in the centre plug hole wants rotating by 90 degrees every time, so that the compression pattern moves
IYKWIM

Neil

PS
It's been fine at Dent, and we missed you

Back
Top Bottom