Madstad Screen Fitting

Owen Snell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In the middle of fitting this screen and I have an issue with the brackets. I've emailed Madstad, but maybe someone on here has already fitted these brackets to their AT / ATAS and can point me in the right direction if you've seen this and either ignored it and was OK, or changed something with the mounting.

The brackets are fitted to the existing screen mounting points.

Left Bracket.jpg

Right Bracket.jpg

When fitting the cross brace, the brackets are not at all square to the brace. Tighten it up a bit and it does pull into place, but it twists a lot.

Left Brace Mount.jpg

Right Brace Mount.jpg

After a few days of emails back and forth to Madstad, I decided that they didn't actually know that the bracket is bent incorrectly so it doesn't line up right. I took the brackets apart and adjusted the bend. The only casualty is some of the coating that lifted where the bend is located, no big deal and I can always get these powder coated later if needed.

You can see the difference in the bend here, the left one is modified and the right is as supplied.

Bracket Bend Comparison - Modifified Left Side.jpg

By tightening the brackets to the bike, I could see that the point measured here needed to be approx. 5 mm further inboard on each side. Clamping a straight edge to the bracket as supplied gave me a measurement of 8 mm and after bending I had 13 mm. With this bend, the fit is perfect.

Bracket Bend As Supplied.jpg

Bracket Bend After Modifying.jpg

Back
Top Bottom