Nav 5 and denali lighting system

sparkieboy29

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi there all its been a while since I've used my nav 5 and it seems the click wheel is not working and can only put it down to having the denali lighting system that uses the click wheel, just wondering if anyone has had similar problems maybe it needs an update on the nav?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi there all its been a while since I've used my nav 5 and it seems the click wheel is not working and can only put it down to having the denali lighting system that uses the click wheel, just wondering if anyone has had similar problems maybe it needs an update on the nav?

Did you update your Denali box also, new software is out..

Why might BMW’s NavV gps device need an update because you have fitted some other (non-BMW, non-Garmin) device that also engages with the iwheel thing?

Did the device / iwheel work together, before the extra gubbins was fitted?

Does the device work and integrate with the iwheel thing if you take the gubbins away?

Does the device work perfectly well otherwise?

To answer your own curiosity .... why not update the Nav V’s software (if it’s not up to date already) and see what happens. It won’t break.

if you have connected your denali set up to the wonder wheel, surely it is not going to work the Nav too ? they are very sensitive can bus driven things so in all honesty you did really well to connect the Denali to it.

Try cleaning the contacts on the back of the Nav and the stand I have had this occasionally if they make poor contact.

I'll try all of the above this week it was more of a call out to see if anyone else had the same issue. Riding last night I also had the tps light come up for the rear and from my memory this also used to come up on the sat nav? So maybe the sat nave does indeed need an update and would not hurt for the denali to be updated, in my past experience it always goes wrong with an update

I'll try all of the above this week it was more of a call out to see if anyone else had the same issue. Riding last night I also had the tps light come up for the rear and from my memory this also used to come up on the sat nav? So maybe the sat nave does indeed need an update and would not hurt for the denali to be updated, in my past experience it always goes wrong with an update

Little word of wisdom, when you are updating the denali box be careful not to drop the little black waterproof bung that protects the usb cable socket, its a fiddly little thing.

I think @Andi_archer is on the right track here.

The entire setup is several computers working together. If it all used to work in the past, the software as such is working. An software update does not hurt, but as it used to work prior to upgrade, the problem is to be found elsewhere.

All the signals from each handlebar are collected and shipped to the ZFE in one batch, thus if any of the other switches on the left side are working, the signal track is ok. The signals are decoded in the LIN bus receiver and shipped to ZFE, and ZFE publish all movements of any switch onto the CAN-bus, where, among others, the signals are monitored by the Denali.
The GPS is connected directly to the ZFE, so, if everything else is working, the problem most likely is to be found in this path, as suggested by Andi.

If the wheel works as it should and operates the Denali, you know that all signals between Wheel and ZFE are ok. Then the issue is to be found between ZFE and GPS. If the Denalis does not react to the wheel either, but reacts to other inputs, there might be a problem inside the wheel. The wheel holds it's own electronics such as a voltage regulator and hall switches.

my 2c

I have had the same issue, and without denali or equivalent.

Resetting the gps fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom