R1150GS Help after crash

GHill

Reaction score
Hi there,

I must say I didn't think my first post here would be about this. Let me give you a bit of background first. My Dad owned the GS in question and unfortunately passed away at the end of August, so the bike was passed on to me. My dad's approach to maintenance was to leave everything alone. So after a few months of work servicing and replacing and getting the bike back on the road, I took it for it's first trip. Unfortunately on that trip I hit a patch of oil on the road and the bike went down. I got the bike home ok and most of the damage is superficial and easily fixed. However the front sub frame/bracket is pointing downwards now. I'm hoping the frame is bent but having looked it seems ok, which worries me. I was just wondering if anyone has/could take a picture of the bracket especially where it meets the headstock and the clearance between it and the tank. I'm hoping that will show whether it is out of shape or whether something else is bent.

Thanks,

Gareth

Just been outside to see if it is possible to get a clear photo of the front fairing bracket to steering head without removing anything but difficult with an iPad.
If someone has their bike stripped down, it would make it easier to get close and at the right angle.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for having a look. Yea I’ve the bike stripped already to look at the frame but there’s no obvious signs of deformities which is why I was hoping a picture of keys areas might show them up. Failing that I’ve a breaker down the road with the part so might just have to take mine off and down to him and do a little comparison. Hopefully the impact wasn’t transferred to somewhere else and it’s bent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for having a look. Yea I’ve the bike stripped already to look at the frame but there’s no obvious signs of deformities which is why I was hoping a picture of keys areas might show them up. Failing that I’ve a breaker down the road with the part so might just have to take mine off and down to him and do a little comparison. Hopefully the impact wasn’t transferred to somewhere else and it’s bent

Where abouts are you ??

Breaker down the Road??

Herbie Or Traynors?

Hi again had my farther in law over today and he thinks it looks out of shape it’s pretty much touching the tank and doesn’t line up with the machined bracket on the head stock so fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom