Finally going Orange

How did the first service go today:beer:

The first service went very well thank you

Although 100 miles sooner than expected due to a fuel leak that started yesterday.

After considering several options including recovery to a dealer i decided to ride it back the 160 miles to Premier as they are "Invested" in the bike They promised to drop everything and get it fixed today at whatever it took

Transpired that there are 2 fuel taps to isolate fuel supply from the tank and the LHS one was faulty and impossible to tell from outward looks

Any way they ( Premier) stripped on from another GT they had in and sorted it and did the 1st service for free

I doubt any other dealer that had not actually sold the bike would have done that and i would have ended up waiting for workshop time and parts which is why i took the option I did as RAC would have had it taken to SMC and I don't like them

Little niggles can't be helped i suppose but the way in which the dealer sorted it says a lot about them and I am happy

Unleashed it really is a fantastic bike and forgetting the performance for a moment ( although it is hard to ignore that torque and BHP) the handling is so surprising in its sharpness and accuracy and stability it really is bloody amazing.

Oh and the WP semi active suspension is way better than the Öhlins on the Hyper

The first service went very well thank you

Although 100 miles sooner than expected due to a fuel leak that started yesterday.

After considering several options including recovery to a dealer i decided to ride it back the 160 miles to Premier as they are "Invested" in the bike They promised to drop everything and get it fixed today at whatever it took

Transpired that there are 2 fuel taps to isolate fuel supply from the tank and the LHS one was faulty and impossible to tell from outward looks

Any way they ( Premier) stripped on from another GT they had in and sorted it and did the 1st service for free

I doubt any other dealer that had not actually sold the bike would have done that and i would have ended up waiting for shoot time and parts which is why i took the option I did as RAC would have had it taken to SMC and I don't like them

Little niggles can't be helped i suppose but the way in which the dealer sorted it says a lot about them and I am happy

+1 on that would be better if the dealers rode the bikes 10 miles or so to see if anything is out of the ordinary, but you can imagine the moaners, it is not a new bike..................;)

+1 on that would be better if the dealers rode the bikes 10 miles or so to see if anything is out of the ordinary, but you can imagine the moaners, it is not a new bike..................;)

Funny you should say that as i did comment that when i collected it on saturday it really did have zero miles on it

Funny you should say that as i did comment that when i collected it on saturday it really did have zero miles on it

Thats the whole problem Rick, I asked my dealer before I collected my GS to give it a good test ride first, when picked up had 10 kms on clock, no problems at the moment...;)

Back
Top Bottom