Finally going Orange

Nooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

I'm not knocking the SD GT but.......but.........the Hyper is such a beautiful bike.

Keep both :)

Andres

Nooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

I'm not knocking the SD GT but.......but.........the Hyper is such a beautiful bike.

Keep both :)

Andres

I did consider that option but ruled it out on the basis that if i had more than one bike i would always be on the wrong one ( in my head) and it would drive me mad

The Hyper has been brilliant but showed its flaws on my recent Belgium and france trip where, in the group i was with, it was either too fast ( they doddered about on the twisty stuff) or too slow and agonizing when they all fucked off at 110mph into a head wing on the motorway.

The drag to the Chunnel and the drag back from Portsmouth were tough and as i will be doing it again a few more times this year and at my age .......

I have had 13000 fun miles with trips away so rather than tempt the ducati gremlins its time for it to go

The SD GT was the only choice in as much as it keeps most if not all of the Ducatis hooligan tool but adds some creature comforts and genuine touring ability

Anyway its a done deal and i pick up the new beastie on June the first

Its a black 2019 model one with a few shiny power parts bits

I did consider that option but ruled it out on the basis that if i had more than one bike i would always be on the wrong one ( in my head) and it would drive me mad

The Hyper has been brilliant but showed its flaws on my recent Belgium and france trip where, in the group i was with, it was either too fast ( they doddered about on the twisty stuff) or too slow and agonizing when they all fucked off at 110mph into a head wing on the motorway.

The drag to the Chunnel and the drag back from Portsmouth were tough and as i will be doing it again a few more times this year and at my age .......

I have had 13000 fun miles with trips away so rather than tempt the ducati gremlins its time for it to go

The SD GT was the only choice in as much as it keeps most if not all of the Ducatis hooligan tool but adds some creature comforts and genuine touring ability

Anyway its a done deal and i pick up the new beastie on June the first

Its a black 2019 model one with a few shiny power parts bits

Will you now be known as "blackrick"?

Enjoy & ride safe Rick...

:thumb

Nice one, Rick. :thumb

The GT is a cracking bike, I’d seriously consider one next time round.

There's some great deals on brand new 18 models, the added bonus, ktm are now able to download the suspension updates of the 19 model directly to all existing GT models this is following lots of complaints of harsh suspension.

When is delivery date.............

Saturday the 1st

Up very early due to excitement then ride down to Premier bikes in Oxford, a mere 150 miles then the long way home another 200

Booked in for 1st service at redline in Loughborough on the 8th

No doubt it will piss it down with rain for a week

Orangerick surely.

My last new bike was a 200 mile jaunt each way - it builds the excitement & makes for a great day out. Enjoy the new ride.

Saturday the 1st

Up very early due to excitement then ride down to Premier bikes in Oxford, a mere 150 miles then the long way home another 200

Not far from me, the kettle's always on. I can show you some decent roads after the kuke is done if you fancy it

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Saturday the 1st

What time are you aiming to get there?

Not far from me, the kettle's always on. I can show you some decent roads after the kuke is done if you fancy it

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer but it is turning into a lads day out so might have a couple of mates who seem as excited as I am :beerjug:

What time are you aiming to get there?

What time does it open :D

Back
Top Bottom