North America maps on UK purchased NavVI

Well a letter of complaint yesterday to Garmin got a standard scripted response of update you Garmin express and make sure your sd card is formatted.Yet strangely the install of the US maps which didn't work yesterday started to install today!

e386fd32b0d8cfbe0eeafc0b90b4b0dd.png

I used the contact link here https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?topicTag=region_mapsgarminexpress

Oh and you can get 20% off some with code TOPOPRO19 unfortunately it doesn't look like the US map is included in the offer
https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/c60...EA, TOPO Maps Promo 2019 Hike Reminder, 12453

e43a1a5de8b9e4847ac1ca7def080a05.png

Andi_archer - thanks for info. Looks like that discount is for the TOPO range of maps and not the ones that'll go on our Nav6 devices. I've fired a note off to the helpdesk as you suggesdt. I'd 'Tweeted' a message to Garmin and they'd suggested same course of action...be interesting to see what response I get.

Wapping - I'll take a look at that and note your comment about trying a little harder on my searches ;) fair enough - no-one likes a lazy poster :) I did get a slight flashback to school days and teachers telling me I'd get more satisfaction from finding the answer myself rather than asking every time.....but well deserved !

The California trip is by car (unfortunately) 20th wedding anniversary and the wife says there wouldnt be a 21st if we were doing it on the bike.....

Right, rather dull update I'm afraid.....

Garmin UK customer service got in touch with, what appeared to be, a scripted response of 'how to install maps'.
Went back and asked if they were a robot.
Negative, came the response......arousing my suspicion.....a robot would say that.....
What is Love ? I asked..

There was some delay to their response....

It boils down to the fact that the screen shot of what I own in the Products section on the Garmin site actually refers to two Nav6 units themselves and not the maps (had first Nav6 replaced under warranty). They dont know why its showing as American in the title as they have them as EU etc. So - I've never had the American maps and will have to purchase if required. They did confirm, as others have on here, that map purchases are a one time version - non updateable for free like the ones pre-installed in our devices at time of purchase.

Mystery solved.

Have to say, following the initial 'robotic' response, they were very good ! Recommend people use this email address for questions: product.support@garmin.com

are you sure it was a human that fixed it.

So you will need to purchase the same or similar map that that I mentioned previously [around £34 to £64 unless you can find a discount code] ......... then battle Thanos to get it installed :D

Back
Top Bottom