From 1200 GS-ADV AC,LC to 1250GS-ADV / my Verdict after 6000 miles

Tell me what I've gotta do
There's no getting through to you
The lights are on but nobody's home (nobody's home)
You say I can't understand
But you're not giving me a chance
When you leave me, where do you go? (Where do you go?)
All the walls that you keep building
All this time that I spent chasing
All the ways that I keep losing you
The truth is, you turn into someone else
You keep running like the sky is falling
I can whisper, I can yell
But I know, yeah I know, yeah I know
I'm just talking to myself
Talking to myself
Talking to myself
I admit I made mistakes
But yours might cost you everything
Can't you hear me calling you home?
Talking to myself
Talking to myself
Talking to myself
Talking to myself
I'm talking to myself

I'm thinking to get closer to the ideal I get me one of the last EU-4 1250GS-HP before they go EU-5...:( and put the www.alphatechnik.de 17 inch OZ wheel kit with 320 mm rotors on it...:thumb What do you think ? The regular GS or Exclusive one in black looks better and already has cast wheels but onfortunately too soft springs for my liking and 20 mm less ground clearance.
By autumn 2022 for MJ 2023 the factory after their 1800 cc Harley-Boxer experiment going wrong because the old farts who buy these behemoths finally died off and the posers moved on or Trumpenhymer imposed 25% tariff on furreign motorcycles the factory in Berlin finally got their heads out of their arses and get us a R1400GS with an XR like street only option 20 kilos lighter and 20 hp stronger...:thumb
Another 100 or so cc and CF wheels....yeah Baby:thumby:
The Multistrada will be toast as the KTM already is not ready to race being beaten by the current 1250 GS...:D

I'm thinking to get closer to the ideal I get me one of the last EU-4 1250GS-HP before they go EU-5...:( and put the www.alphatechnik.de 17 inch OZ wheel kit with 320 mm rotors on it...:thumb What do you think ? The regular GS or Exclusive one in black looks better and already has cast wheels but onfortunately too soft springs for my liking and 20 mm less ground clearance.
By autumn 2022 for MJ 2023 the factory after their 1800 cc Harley-Boxer experiment going wrong because the old farts who buy these behemoths finally died off and the posers moved on or Trumpenhymer imposed 25% tariff on furreign motorcycles the factory in Berlin finally got their heads out of their arses and get us a R1400GS with an XR like street only option 20 kilos lighter and 20 hp stronger...:thumb
Another 100 or so cc and CF wheels....yeah Baby:thumby:
The Multistrada will be toast as the KTM already is not ready to race being beaten by the current 1250 GS...:D

Just admit defeat and buy yourself a Harley.
You live in California where you can’t fart without getting ticketed.What’s the point of having a 150hp GS with stooooopid 17” wheels just so you can use it properly ( 140 mph/86 degrees lean...GPS verified !!!!!) for a few weeks a year in your beloved Mexico and the rest of the year you are stuck in the traffic with all the other idiots.
I think a Fat Boy will suit you.Good luck.Bye bye.

A message to the gentlemen in here that does not own or drive 1200/1250GS/GSA:

Some of you are in here for no other reason than yanking everyones chain.
When some yanks your chain, you get all upset and disgusted.

So much estrogen..

Guys, you seriously need to get laid...

So much estrogen..

And you seriously need to drop the headmaster demeanour and develop a sense of humour.
Surely even you can see that our little Norcal mate is rather delusional ?

So much estrogen..

About sums it up

And you seriously need to drop the headmaster demeanour and develop a sense of humour.
Surely even you can see that our little Norcal mate is rather delusional ?

When he yanks your chain, you jump, every time :JB

Don't you go anywhere Boxerlust.
Keep on rolling 🏍👍

He wasn't much different on boxertrix. Still a ..... whatever.

Arsey you are right about Kalifornia/USA...it just sucks riding here with LEO's everywhere and ridiculously low speed limits and gas getting expensive,too costing a buck a liter...:( But the idiots from Europe are still living "the dream" on their rented Harley boat ankers from Eaglerider...:rolleyes:
But South of the border it's motorcycling paradise...FREEDOM !
You can go fast,eat well,enjoy beautiful scenery and friendly/relaxed people and best of all it's still AFFORDABLE for the working man...:thumb2
Just ask Nick Sanders and the 18 chaps from England on their beemers when they get back to the cold and wet island...;)
Perfect bike for Mexico would be the S100XR if it had T-L and driveshaft...:D
But I have to admit except for the death wobble above 130 mph with hardbags and topbox the 1250GSA is already pretty close...but quick steering/stable handling at V/max with bags,less weight and a more exciting top end would make it even better...:thumby:
Faster on track than the ready to race 1290 Super Adventure S it already is...:thumby:Now it's time to bring down the Multistrada...:D
Time will tell if actually some BMW Motorrad guys are lurking here...:p

Arsey you are right about Kalifornia/USA...it just sucks riding here with LEO's everywhere and ridiculously low speed limits and gas getting expensive,too costing a buck a liter...:( But the idiots from Europe are still living "the dream" on their rented Harley boat ankers from Eaglerider...:rolleyes:
But South of the border it's motorcycling paradise...FREEDOM !
You can go fast,eat well,enjoy beautiful scenery and friendly/relaxed people and best of all it's still AFFORDABLE for the working man...:thumb2
Just ask Nick Sanders and the 18 chaps from England on their beemers when they get back to the cold and wet island...;)
Perfect bike for Mexico would be the S100XR if it had T-L and driveshaft...:D
But I have to admit except for the death wobble above 130 mph with hardbags and topbox the 1250GSA is already pretty close...but quick steering/stable handling at V/max with bags,less weight and a more exciting top end would make it even better...:thumby:
Faster on track than the ready to race 1290 Super Adventure S it already is...:thumby:Now it's time to bring down the Multistrada...:D
Time will tell if actually some BMW Motorrad guys are lurking here...:p

Where are you in Norcal ?

Living up there I’m surprised you don’t ride off-road , with such a huge area on your doorstep.
I’ve a mate who lives in Nevada City and he’s always away riding in Oregon, Idaho etc where he seems to spend hours never seeing any tarmac/pavement.

I love twisty tarmac what we have plenty here but also too much law enforcement and ridiculously low speed-limits...:(
Therefore Mexico...:thumb
There is plenty of dirt too but I don't like dirt-riding.Too slow & dirty for me...;)
Got a Rally seat for my GSA yesterday and like the bike even more now !
Next Conti TA 3...

No. He’s comedy gold

Yes agreed - if a bit repetitive. Seems obsessed with stability of fully loaded bike at top speed, which hardly seems an everyday scenario. Top speed on a track maybe, but then luggage and/or pillion is not an issue. Anywhere else it seems fairly academic. Anyway, what does he expect after bolting on big ally boxes with all the aerodynamic properties of house bricks?

Obsessing over this seems akin to the religious fanatics in the middle ages, who, lacking diversions such as female company, would apparently have long arguments about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. This high speed fully loaded stability obsession appears just about as relevant as that to the real world.

Seems obsessed with stability of fully loaded bike at top speed, which hardly seems an everyday scenario

Carrying strange cargo maybe......................Mexico USA...................:augie:augie:augie

@ fred jb ; of course the question about high speed stability or lack of it is academic or irrelevant if you stay below 120 mph but it becomes very relevant if you go full speed in 6th gear with bags and topcase....:D
And yes I prefer a fun to ride,easy handling/quick steering bike to a stable high speed bus that won't turn.
But my question remains if the smaller tank and slightly longer trail on a regular GS will give you a more stable ride all the way to 140 mph with bags and topcase what the new 1250 is capable of.
If it does I would trade to a regular GS (preferably with the 20 mm taller and firmer spring rate "sports" suspension) but I don't want to loose another 5 grand on a trade just to find out that it still wobbles and have to live with the small gas tank on top of it...;)
Maybe someone can sacrifice himself or already has and can tell me if the regular 1250 GS with luggage or 1250HP with sports suspension could handle the Autobahn...:thumb

May not be relevant but when returning from Italy we were late for the ferry , the bike was my old (lol) 16 plate TB and the bike was two up loaded with 2 weeks kit , side boxes , top boxes and also extra Wunderlict bags on the side panniers , the bike was stable at 120 / 125 no issues , the only real worry was my licence …….it was that steady I forgot about the speed I was doing so once back to the 60 zones I felt I would fall off

Back
Top Bottom