ESA question

Both the front and rear shocks (on the earlier ESA anyway) have a whacking great big hydraulic preload adjuster attached to them. I was horrified when I realised what they were, they are big and ugly and heavy. The later bikes/WC versions dropped the HPA on the front shock and have a neater one on the rear. Am just about to replace my system with the Tractive versions where I can delete the HPA on the front (this is only used on the mountain settings anyway), and have a much smaller HPA on the rear.

That was an answer? I thought you were just pulling my chain. That 'answer' read like an abstraction for a patent application - but I think that was your joke. No?. I think it also applies to the syphonic valve in my toilet

My ideas are based on knowing how a conventional shock works and how the adjustment might be mechanised... For example, I see no need for an oil filled preload mechanism if your're going to motorise it... same applies to the damping adjustment. Motors, worm gears and threaded rings will work

My question arose from the mention of a hydraulic pump... which I never thought was in there...so I began to question my own ideas...

ps. I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ok. my last post here.

I got the extract from here;

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.za/en/engineering/detail/comfort-ergonomics/esa-esatwo.html

It came up at the top of the search and it seemed to fit the bill.

Fair play to you.

I think they've gone with the 'baffle brains' option! Without a diagram, they should really get the novelist who wrote the earlier text rather than the engineer who wrote that bit

I remain curious about things being hydrauliclly actuated...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom