ACF50 & TFT screen

Flipper_Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone had issues with ACF50 and TFT screen smearing ? Just had a call from chap doing my bike at home......”BMW are aware of the issue, happened to a couple of customers with these new screens”......I was looking forward to getting home and seeing how clean it was......now I’m dreading it. I can only think that either the de-grease stuff or ACF50 has reacted with the covering on the TFT.

Just wondering if anyone had experienced similar ? Is the front of the screen replaceable does anyone know ?

Let's hope he's got the appropriate insurance then as he could be getting quite a large claim ;)

I had my bike done with no issues? I wiped it with some glasses wipes a few days after getting it applied just to get any ACF residue off though, as I found the dust sticking to it and making it harder to see. No immediate issues or any problems since I wiped it.

Would have thought the screen and brakes would have been covered up..............:nenau

My wheels and brakes were covered but the guy has done a lot of GS's up with me and never had an issue that anyone had come back to him about. Otherwise I'm sure that he'd have been covering it!

I personally wouldn't ever use ACF50 on the screen, I tend to just use a gel which I use on my gegs as I think it's mostly waterbased.

Always cover the screen even when washing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure which is the greatest worry here.....a motorbike having a TFT screen in the first place.....the worrying about cleaning products smearing a TFT screen on a motorbike....the owner of a motorbike worrying about the TFT screen on their motorbike being smeared by the cleaning products while someone else is cleaning it for them, or the fact that owner of a motorbike is worrying about the TFT screen on their motorbike being smeared by the cleaning products being used by someone else while they are not even there with them.:augie

I'm not sure which is the greatest worry here.....a motorbike having a TFT screen in the first place.....the worrying about cleaning products smearing a TFT screen on a motorbike....the owner of a motorbike worrying about the TFT screen on their motorbike being smeared by the cleaning products while someone else is cleaning it for them, or the fact that owner of a motorbike is worrying about the TFT screen on their motorbike being smeared by the cleaning products being used by someone else while they are not even there with them.:augie

Maybe allergic to acf50.........

I use TV/Computer screen cleaner to clean mine, brings it up a treat without smears

I put the BMW screen protector film on my TFT screen before I started it the first time at the dealership riding it home...

....forgot to mention that I left the keys out for him as well.... :)

I wouldn't use AXF-50 on my bike frame or engine/drive never mind plastics.:rob

I do deserve that but to be fair to me, I get my bike ACF50’d twice a year, its a detail clean which I don’t have the time or the inclination to do. It’s the only clean it gets apart from at service (2 or 3 times a year) or through particularly bad spells in middle of winter when covered with salt etc and then just a wash off and touch up with ACF50. BMW warranty department now ask if the bike has been ACF50’d or protected similarly. The bike looks great after its done (although this one was new on March 1st, so it should !) and its like an insurance policy for the warranty claims I know I’ll be making over the next 2-3yrs from BMW...

On the TFT front, yep - there are some who don’t like it or the idea of it, fair enough. I am a nerd, I love tech and I like the TFT (although resetting the trip is a f*cking ball ache and whoever designed that needs shooting). If they could only fix it so I can hear my POI alarm from Nav6 at same time as music/phone from TFT in my BMW comms gear.....I’d be delighted.

AND

The screen is fine, he’s a bit of a perfectionist and was disappointed with the finish, even though he hadn’t directly applied ACF50, he’ll cover next time. I used a magic cloth and water it it buffed up fine. He covers tyres, brakes etc currently.

Disaster averted.....As you were....

Can’t help but notice that in a lot of rust and paint bubbling threads people have always used acf50 I use a jet wash and water and no issues third gs lc as for the clocks melting? Just a thought!

Why use ACF50 when summer is round the corner? :nenau

I use WD40 and a microfiber cloth to clean the TFT screen on my bike, comes up like new. ;)

Sorry for the confusion, but are you saying BMW warranty department promotes & encourages the use of ACF50 or other similar products on their bikes?

Back
Top Bottom