Clutch slipping in every gear (HELP)

I had similar a few months ago on my 2002 Adventure (29,000 miles). It turned out to be a loose screw in behind the hand protector (handguard) that was stopping the lever returning to the fully open position. It's not easily visible and it may be worth your while removing the handguard to check it. My saviour was Mark in Platinum Motorcycles who tightened the screw and didn't charge me for looking at the bike.

If I have the clutch replaced What is a fair price at a garage, I’m not sure I fancy doing it myself. I guess the labour is the most expensive part

As you are practically neighbors with Mikeboy I would suggest you pay him a visit or give him a call for a quote.

Overland and Classic
Hall Farm
Holwell
nr Melton Mowbray
LE14 4SZ

Mike Overy 07786 340692

It is about 10 mins from six hills just off the A606 take the turning for belvoir castle.
feel free to call in for a cuppa,call me first to make sure i am there.

Hope you get it sorted the suns shining you know.

Before you go to the lengths of a clutch replacement check inside the final drive to see if there’s bits of rubber visible. The bonding can go between the 2 sections of the driveshaft giving similar symptoms to the clutch failing. If it has gone there’s likely to be little bits of rubber flecks stuck to the inside of the housing.

As you are practically neighbors with Mikeboy I would suggest you pay him a visit or give him a call for a quote.

Overland and Classic
Hall Farm
Holwell
nr Melton Mowbray
LE14 4SZ

Mike Overy 07786 340692

It is about 10 mins from six hills just off the A606 take the turning for belvoir castle.
feel free to call in for a cuppa,call me first to make sure i am there.

Hope you get it sorted the suns shining you know.

This is great Thankyou, I will give you a call next week

Back
Top Bottom