Strapping Down a Hexhead

Due to the amount of piss taking in these replies, I think I did not get a response to my original question :D Which was this - if I have to strap down my GSA with a couple of straps that are NOT long enough to go from one side of the bike, over the seat and down (they are only 7 feet long), what is the best way to strap it down ? Assuming I use the side stand, would I need to use two straps, one on each side, both on the stand side, one at the front and one at the back ? Where are the best mounting points - the frame, footpeg hangers, crash bars etc. ?

Let the flaming begin :blast

If there's no straps or rope just lay it down on it's side, resting on the pannier and crashbar/Cylinder head.

Another option is to join two strap hooks to make one long strap. Keep the join to one side of the bike so strap goes over whichever part of the bike they locate on. Otherwise try and see - one on front left engine bars, one on rear right subframe. I haven't tried so that is just a suggestion to try out

resting on the pannier and crashbar/Cylinder head

It will rotate on the cyl head in rough seas.
I suggest to wedge it between a couple of cars.
Then strap down the cars.

I take off my seat and let the deckhand strap down across frame and then put seat back on, sometimes it even clicks in. Saves risk of damaging the seat with overzealous ratcheting.

A wheel strapping strop works well for the back end. Drop it over the tyre. The front is more awkward but you should be able to get one under the mudguard.

As has been said the Crew will strap the bike down. It's their job.

Your Bike is cargo, you have paid the fare.

Why would you do their job for them and get filthy doing it?

If they appear disinterested point to your unsecured motorcycle out to the loading Master.

I used to strap my bike but I'm not crew and therefore not qualified.

Make them do it. :aidan

Back
Top Bottom