KTM 790 Adventure Insurance Woes

RayS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just spent 2 days speaking to several bike insurance companies regarding insurance for my new 790 Adventure due in a couple of weeks.
Basically there were two problems:
1. Whilst the insurance brokers were aware of the 790 Adventure (& the R model) most of their underwriters were not, so were reluctant to quote
2. I am now just over the age of 75 so the likes of AXA etc don't want to know me unless I am already currently insured with them.

I have in excess of 40 years riding experience, an IAM Advanced pass, a RoSPA Gold Advanced pass, 9+ years current No Claim Bonus, never made a claim, last four years riding a KTM 1190 Adventure, but they don't want to know. I live in rural Suffolk not London, but there reactions were:
Be**etts - sorry cant insure you 'cos you're too old & our underwriters who deal with older riders don't know that bike
De**tt - sorry our underwriters don't know that bike so come back to us when you have a quote from somebody else & we can try & match it - my reaction was get lost
I didn't bother to contact Express or Carole Nash, as I was getting a fairly consistent message by then. Instead I called a local broker in Colchester. They have quoted me £291 with £550 excess, 10K miles, protected no claims, inclusive of legal cover etc. I have accepted this quote.
I would recommend anyone else with a similar problem on the KTM790 Adventure to contact them, you've nothing to lose. I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer.
They are www. allstyles.co.uk tel 01206 821330
Ray

Back
Top Bottom