Stolen airhead...

Sunny Jim

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Saw this elsewhere and thought it was worth putting out here... Someone's pride and joy nicked in Edinburgh
3c4d4369cb3f285d2eb1c04d8f4b6505.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I know hind sights a great thing but with the spate of Motorcycle theft which has been at epidemic levels in Edinburgh over the past years ,the guest house would have warned the poor fella to make sure the bike was safe.:nenau

A guy on Advrider has his Mille R stolen in Edinburgh a week or so ago. Very luckily, a facebook appeal saw it discovered undamaged nearby. VERY lucky guy.

I camped in Edinburgh (Morton Hall) last year and despite having a lock, when I checked in they gave me another huge lock and chain and insisted I use it or my bike would go. They had purchased a load of locks and chains to lend out to visitors as the site was regularly targeted by thieves. Sad state of the nation these days but at least they were doing their bit to reduce the chances of it being nicked :mad:

Its about time the courts started to send these thieving scum to jail for years and send out a message. Edinburgh is bike theft capital of Scotland

Poor lad, feel for him to lose his keeper. And in Scotland, not in some run down eg African town where he might expect trouble.

So he did.Still applies though ? Why should you expect trouble in Africa ?

Maybe Nigeria, DRC, Comoros, South Sudan...but shit happens everywhere unfortunately!

Is bike theft rife in Africa then or are you just making assumptions?

Yes, in some parts it is, not an assumption. Try Jo'berg or Lagos or Harare or Luanda or Nairobi - and many others. Many more folk on or below the breadline than in Edinburgh and, perhaps for that reason, more crime. I've been in all those cities (and many more in Africa) and have a fairly well formed view from experience rather than gossip.

I hear it’s been found and reunited with its owner before Mikeyboy got his dirty mitts on it !

Glad to hear it. Not the typical bike for a wee scrote to nick. If I got my XT600 nicked I'd be well pissed off, more so than my 800GS as there are many more decent 800's out there than looked after, upgraded, cherished XT's.

I camped in Edinburgh (Morton Hall) last year and despite having a lock, when I checked in they gave me another huge lock and chain and insisted I use it or my bike would go. They had purchased a load of locks and chains to lend out to visitors as the site was regularly targeted by thieves. Sad state of the nation these days but at least they were doing their bit to reduce the chances of it being nicked :mad:

I think the bike shops in Edinburgh n surrounding areas give the guest houses/ b&b's hotels bike locks n chains or at least approach them with reduced prices on them ...never gonna happen tho 🙄

Good to know that Bertha has been returned to her owner :clap

Back
Top Bottom