Urgent help: KTM dealer south London or south OF London for stranded bike

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
a friend of mine, traveling from Italy to Man is currently stranded on the A20 just out of Dover.

I managed to send a recovery van to pick him up (en route now) but I cannot find a KTM dealer that is able to have a look at the bike (they ideally have a ferry on Saturday).
The couple I called so far are booked till mid June.

Any suggestions?

LAGUNA PERFORMANCE CENTRE
Unit 6, Cobbswood Industrial Estate Brunswick Road
Ashford, Kent TN23 1EN

or....

PLANET'R / PLANET RACING SARL
Zac Montjoie
62280 St. Martin Boulogne

There’s a place in Bermondsey that did BMW & KTM, I’m fairly sure this is it.

Hi all,
a friend of mine, traveling from Italy to Man is currently stranded on the A20 just out of Dover.

I managed to send a recovery van to pick him up (en route now) but I cannot find a KTM dealer that is able to have a look at the bike (they ideally have a ferry on Saturday).
The couple I called so far are booked till mid June.

Any suggestions?

Are they en-route to Manchester ?

Do you have an idea as to what the problem is or what the actual symptoms are?

Are they en-route to Manchester ?

Liverpool I guess.

Given the time (van would not be able to pick them up before 5:30/45) we are going to recover the bike (and them) at mine near Central London.

what the actual symptoms are

He told me the bike started backfiring and the speedo started displaying odd speed (all the way up to 200kmh, then back to nihl, etc. etc.) then died.

Bike should be a 950 Adventure.

They don't speak english (at least not much) so I called most KTM dealers around London to no avail as they are all booked till mid June.
I'm awaiting a call back from one of those Greg kindly suggested above and I'm still trying to talk with someone at Hyside Motorcycles (logistically that would be good from inner London).

Check the battery connections.

Will do when I get off work tonight and see the bike.
He swears it cannot be a dead battery, but worth it to charge/recondition it overnight too.

Will do when I get off work tonight and see the bike.
He swears it cannot be a dead battery, but worth it to charge/recondition it overnight too.

I'm not suggesting a dead battery - I'm suggesting a loose battery lead connection. It happened to my riding buddy in Romania with the same symptoms.

I'm not suggesting a dead battery - I'm suggesting a loose battery lead connection.

Yep, sorry, I mis-wrote. He was stressing that he thought the battery (and connectors I presume) were ok.
But will have a good look when the bike is at mine. Better to double check ;)

Thanks everyone for the help.

Greg won. :D

No dealer was able to get the bike in. I got the bike to mine via the always excellent RCL transport. Checked the battery and – as Greg predicted – one of the connectors was fucked.
We went for a burger yesterday night and they got a good night sleep after spending most of the day roadside.

This morning with the help of a friend (I'm a bit shit at DIY) we cleaned up the cables, attached a new connector. They are back on their way north towards the Isle of Man now.

Forum to the rescue, great work OP, well played Greg :thumb

Back
Top Bottom